News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Oliver?

Started by Chloe Amy, December 08, 2015, 06:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chloe Amy

Does anyone know when anything about Oliver will be released?

Prototype pics? Price? Release date? (I know it was pushed back a bit)

Been waiting ages now I'm really excited but I just wanna know.

Cheeky_ULP

Pictures will be released when Bachmann is ready to put them out. Price has not been announced. Date, all we know is 2016.

For now, the holiday focus is Skarloey and his wagons.  :)

Chloe Amy

I knew that haha :P Hope they are ready soon tho.

Yep Skarloey :D Can't wait! :D

Jacob Wilson

I do believe that Skarloey and the Mail Car - Green is all that to be release this year (2015). Oliver and Toad, from what I have heard, have a release date for somepoint next year (2016).

Chloe Amy

I'm just hoping that it's early next year that Oliver comes out haha

Chaz

Honestly, I don't expect Oliver to be out until the summer of 2016 since that is usually when delayed products are usually released, such as the red coaches coming out this summer when they were announced last year.  Toad might be out earlier than Oliver, but a rep just confirmed that he will still be due next year.  

However, I would expect pictures to be in the 2016 catalog in February, which doesn't seem like that long from now.  His price should also be listed by then too, but I believe one site has him listed for the same price as 'Arry and Bert.  Toad's retail price is $37.00.

Edit: here is the shop that shows Oliver's (reduced) price if you wish to order him early: http://www.trainsetsonly.com/page/TSO/PROD/160-58815
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Chloe Amy

Aw thanx but I'm ordering from the u.k

I'm soooooooooo excited though, I hope he's better than the hornby Oliver I have!

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chloe Amy on December 08, 2015, 07:56:14 PM
Aw thanx but I'm ordering from the u.k

I'm soooooooooo excited though, I hope he's better than the hornby Oliver I have!

I am a UK residnet as well, Chloe. I can't see the new Bachmann Oliver being better than the Hornby Oliver. I have Hornby Oliver, and it has a lot of nice detail on it. There are a lot of nice seperate-fitted handrails on it. Bachmann do not fit these to either of their Thomas & Friends ranges, so I cannot see now how Bchmann Oliver could be better than the Hornby Oliver.

Chloe Amy

True but he might be faster than the hornby one

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chloe Amy on December 09, 2015, 11:49:51 AM
True but he might be faster than the hornby one

He may run faster, but in all honestly, I know that the Hornby Oliver will be better, as it has seperate handrails on it and we know that Bachmann do not fit detail like that to their Thomas & Friends Locomotives.

Chaz

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 09, 2015, 12:04:19 PM
He may run faster, but in all honestly, I know that the Hornby Oliver will be better, as it has seperate handrails on it and we know that Bachmann do not fit detail like that to their Thomas & Friends Locomotives.

How could you possibly know the Hornby model is going to be better than the Bachmann model when a picture of the Bachmann model hasn't been up yet? ::) Seperate handrails or not, it's too soon to tell which model is going to be better than the other. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on December 09, 2015, 12:42:55 PM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 09, 2015, 12:04:19 PM

How could you possibly know the Hornby model is going to be better than the Bachmann model when a picture of the Bachmann model hasn't been up yet? ::) Seperate handrails or not, it's too soon to tell which model is going to be better than the other.  

The Hornby Thomas & Friends Locomotives look better too me, as Hornby add more detail than Bachmann do, so I know the Hornby Oliver will be better than the Bachmann Oliver. The problem I find with the Bachmann Thomas & Friends products is that led is used in the paint, which makes their products too shiney looking and too me, that spoils the look of the product too me. Hornby do not use this, and that is what I prefer. The Hornby Thomas & Friends range is a bit more grown, as extra detail like seperate handrails are fitted too most of the Locomotives and no leaded paint is used, unlike the Bachmann Thomas & Friends range.

Chloe Amy

Yeah but at least they actually look like the tv series models lol

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chloe Amy on December 09, 2015, 01:38:06 PM
Yeah but at least they actually look like the tv series models lol

That is an advantage of the Bachmann Thomas & Friends range, but the Hornby Thomas & Friends range are based on how they would look in real life, and that is what I prefer personally.

Chloe Amy

Y are you on a bachmann thomas thread then haha