Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Oliver?

Started by Chloe Amy, December 08, 2015, 06:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chloe Amy on December 09, 2015, 01:53:19 PM
Y are you on a bachmann thomas thread then haha

I am collector of Thomas & Friends in OO and HO Gauge. My collection is mainly based off the Hornby range which is what I prefer, but I also like the Bachmamn Thomas & Friends range and do have some Locomotives, Coaches and Wagons in this range too.

Chloe Amy

Cool I think I want to get hornby engines too, just so I can best of both worlds lol

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chloe Amy on December 09, 2015, 02:01:06 PM
Cool I think I want to get hornby engines too, just so I can best of both worlds lol

Which Locomotives do you have then, if you don't me asking?

Chloe Amy

I have hornby:

oliver
stepney

and then bachmann:

thomas
james
diesel
bill & ben
douglas
duck
edward

you? :)

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chloe Amy on December 09, 2015, 02:58:20 PM
I have hornby:

oliver
stepney

and then bachmann:

thomas
james
diesel
bill & ben
douglas
duck
edward

you? :)

Nice collection Chloe.

I have:

Hornby:
Thomas
Thomas (From the Thomas & The Great Discovery Train Set)
Thomas 70th Anniversary Limited Edition (Pre-Ordered ahead of it's release in the new year)
Edward
Henry
Gordon
James
Percy
Toby
Duck
Oliver
Stepney
Bill
Ben
Devious Diesel
'Arry
Bert
Diesel
Diesel D7101 Hymek
Flying Scotsman (Thomas)
Emily
Spencer
Murdoch
Dart

Bachmann:
Mavis (With Moving Eyes)
Salty (With Moving Eyes)
Donald (With Moving Eyes)
Douglas (With Moving Eyes)

Chloe Amy

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chloe Amy on December 09, 2015, 03:37:42 PM
So cool!!

Do you have any Thomas & Friends Rolling Stock from Bachmann and / or Hornby?

Chloe Amy

Yep I have:

hornby:

annie & clarabel
s.c ruffey
greyish brown troublesome trucks (the ones with the painted faces on, not the plastic faced ones)
a greyish brown van (with painted face)

then bachmann:

s.c ruffey
troublesome trucks 1 2 & 3

you?

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chloe Amy on December 09, 2015, 04:11:57 PM
Yep I have:

hornby:

annie & clarabel
s.c ruffey
greyish brown troublesome trucks (the ones with the painted faces on, not the plastic faced ones)
a greyish brown van (with painted face)

then bachmann:

s.c ruffey
troublesome trucks 1 2 & 3

you?

I have all of the Coaches and Wagons in the Hornby Thomas & Friends range.

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Rolling Stock:
76038 Red Coach (x2)
76039 Red Brake Coach
76041 Spencer's Special Coach
76042 Emily's Coach
76043 Emily's Brake Coach
77020 Troublesome Truck #4
77025 Troublesome Truck #3
77026 Ventilated Van (x3)
77028 Henrietta
77029 Coal Wagon with Load (x3)
77031 Well Wagon
77043 Cargo Car (x3)
77045 Brake Van

Chloe Amy

Awesome :D

I need to get new cab railings for my hornby oliver but I'm not sure where :(

Thomasfan39

Quote from: Chloe Amy on December 09, 2015, 04:42:23 PM

Do you know where to get Murdoch?

Chloe Amy

Titanic5972

Murdoch? Haha you'll be lucky. He very rarely appears for sale on eBay and when he does it is at astronomical prices.

Jacob Wilson

I don't think you can get them. Hornby Oliver is rare and hard to get as completed model, never mind spare parts. Try going to Hornby.com, and the Customer Services section.

Quote from: Thomasfan39 on December 09, 2015, 04:54:03 PM

Do you know where to get Murdoch?

Hornby Murdoch has been discontinued for sometime now. You would lucky getting one now. New ones are going for about £400.00 on eBay and even used ones are going for around £200.00 or more.

Quote from: Titanic5972 on December 09, 2015, 05:05:51 PM
Murdoch? Haha you'll be lucky. He very rarely appears for sale on eBay and when he does it is at astronomical prices.

I agree.

Chaz

Jacob, I gotta be honest with you but I disagree with you completely on something. 

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 09, 2015, 12:58:27 PM
The Hornby Thomas & Friends Locomotives look better too me, as Hornby add more detail than Bachmann do, so I know the Hornby Oliver will be better than the Bachmann Oliver.

This may be your personal preference, but the thing is, just because the Hornby Oliver has those details you keep bringing up that doesn't make it better or worse than the Bachmann model.  You don't even know what the Bachmann Oliver looks like, (nobody does) so why are you already claiming that the Hornby model is better?  If you have your own taste that's perfectly fine, but what is not sitting down well on my end is you are claiming that you know that the Hornby model is better than the Bachmann model with no evidence to support this claim because there is no photo of the Bachmann model.

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 09, 2015, 12:58:27 PM
The Hornby Thomas & Friends range is a bit more grown as extra detail like seperate handrails are fitted too most of the Locomotives and no leaded paint is used, unlike the Bachmann Thomas & Friends range.

How exactly is Hornby "more grown" than Bachmann?  When I last checked both ranges have produced a decent number of models, Hornby probably produced more but this is because they have been in production for longer and it doesn't take them very long to make their models compared to Bachmann who has to start from scratch.  

I am not saying that Hornby is a bad range by any means but I honestly don't think it's fair to compare both of the ranges like this.  Whether it's the paint they use or the lack of detail that is added to the models, this is how they look on the show and Bachmann have done a great job of making the characters look like as they do on the show.  Both ranges have their strengths and weaknesses but I think both ranges are doing a great job at getting people in the hobby.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.