STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2019, 01:52:09 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Bachmann Skarloey Photo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Bachmann Skarloey Photo  (Read 13368 times)
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2015, 12:20:17 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7rv9ZlYQu0

More video of Skarloey running.
I was honestly expecting Skarloey to be closer in size to the Tomix Thomas model than he appears in that video, then again I guess I didn't take into consideration how it would all scale up. Especially with Skarloey's cab, the rest of his model seems almost the same height as Thomas's...then one gets to the cab, however the Tomix Thomas is a Standard Gauge Engine in N scale, whereas Skarloey is an HO scale engine that runs on N scale track, I suppose I should've given that some greater thought before now, but I suppose I just forgot to take that into consideration. Woops Tongue

Would anyone who has any of Tomix's Thomas range run perhaps some of the freight wagons with Skarloey...if they can negotiate the coupling difference, and I know usig standard gauge stock with a narrow gauge engine is a bit of a faux pas, but I mean, until more stock gets released it could add some flare to the models...right? not to mention the faces from Tomix Troublesome Trucks could be used on the faceless Open Wagons, right? Or is there too much of a scaling difference that prevents that...?

Anyway, my convoluted thoughts aside, thank you BassTBone for sharing Smiley

~Alex Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: