Main Menu

Bachmann Skarloey Photo

Started by Cheeky_ULP, December 09, 2015, 11:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJW98Productions

Quote from: BassTbone on December 23, 2015, 09:33:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7rv9ZlYQu0

More video of Skarloey running.
I was honestly expecting Skarloey to be closer in size to the Tomix Thomas model than he appears in that video, then again I guess I didn't take into consideration how it would all scale up. Especially with Skarloey's cab, the rest of his model seems almost the same height as Thomas's...then one gets to the cab, however the Tomix Thomas is a Standard Gauge Engine in N scale, whereas Skarloey is an HO scale engine that runs on N scale track, I suppose I should've given that some greater thought before now, but I suppose I just forgot to take that into consideration. Woops :P

Would anyone who has any of Tomix's Thomas range run perhaps some of the freight wagons with Skarloey...if they can negotiate the coupling difference, and I know usig standard gauge stock with a narrow gauge engine is a bit of a faux pas, but I mean, until more stock gets released it could add some flare to the models...right? not to mention the faces from Tomix Troublesome Trucks could be used on the faceless Open Wagons, right? Or is there too much of a scaling difference that prevents that...?

Anyway, my convoluted thoughts aside, thank you BassTBone for sharing :)

~Alex :)