Bachmann Thomas & Friends 77018 Mail Car - Green Now in Stock!

Started by Jacob Wilson, December 10, 2015, 08:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Sparks on December 13, 2015, 01:04:55 PM
The Season 4 utility van prop was a dark grey color:

The supposed green hue is most likely a trick of the lighting.

The color the new Bachmann Mail car uses is more akin to this:

Hope this helps.

I see what you mean, but nothing has to be exactly the same colour from the TV series. as long as it is close enough, looking like the model from the TV Series, then I am happy. At the end of the day, the image we have of Bachmann's Green Mail Coach / Utility Van is a prototype picture, so the colour we can see, does not mean it is the final paint colour going to be used.

Chaz

It looks a lot brighter in the picture shown in the catalog, but everything else design wise is exactly the same in the green mail car.  Even Walthers updated their picture of it, which looks different than the picture shown in the catalog with the darker contrast, and more notably the missing coupling hook:

Interestingly enough, so did the one I saw at the NMRA back in August (probably the same model used in the Walthers picture too):
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on December 14, 2015, 01:35:58 AM
It looks a lot darker in the picture shown in the catalog, but everything else design wise is exactly the same in the green mail car.  Even Walthers updated their picture of it, which looks different than the picture shown in the catalog with the darker contrast, and more notably the missing coupling hook:

Interestingly enough, so did the one I saw at the NMRA back in August (probably the same model used in the Walthers picture too):

To be honest with you, this does look nice, but out of choice I would prefer the paint to be darker. More like the prototype picture shows.

Chaz

Jacob, first and foremost, please stop quoting the last post literally every single time you post on the forum.  It's really getting annoying.  To add it takes up more space than needed as a moderator once pointed out, especially ones that use pictures.

Second the picture in the catalog is brighter, not darker than what's shown on the display and on the Walthers site, which was a mistake I made in my original post.

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

^ @Chaz: OK, sorry Chaz. I didn't mean to upset anybody. I am very sorry.