News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Climax cat No.85093

Started by Don Gilham, December 14, 2015, 11:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Gilham

I have just bought one of these off Ebay - the seller says it has the metal trucks.  Can someone please confirm that this model is indeed fitted with metal trucks and the new drive train ?

Many thanks

Chuck N

I just checked the Bachmann OnLine store and that number is currently for sale.  Therefore, it should be the latest version.

Chuck

Loco Bill Canelos

Hello Don,

Here is what I have on it.  Latest version out in 2011

85093   CLLCo   6   2011   ~ Loco   1:20.3 Climax 2 Trk Clear Lake Lumber Co      1      No Sound   

Features include:
• ready for decoder installation of your choice
• nonproprietary plug-and-play electronics interface to accommodate the control system of your choice, including DC, NMRA DCC, and radio control/battery operation
• choose track or battery power pickup, operation according
to NMRA or Large Scale railroading practices, motor power on/off, and DCC or DC operation of cab lights, firebox flicker, and ash pan glow with a center "off " position

Congrats on the new purchase!

Loco Bill
• switch behind the smoke box door with center "off " position to choose either DCC or DC operation of the smoke unit
• optical sensors in the locomotive that give you the option of adjusting the timing and count of steam chuffs
• realistic firebox flicker and ash pan glow
• electrical pickup on all wheels
• precision-balanced can motor
• super-detailed power trucks with accurate sideframes, brake beams, brake hangers, brake shoes, and distinctive Climax spoked drivers
• die-cast metal I beam frames and motor mounts
• prototypically correct operating Johnson bar and inside Stephenson valve gear
• constant lighting of the LED headlight and cab light
• numerous prototype details including blackened metal handrails and coupler lift bars; air pump; accurately scaled sand lines and additional piping; brass bell, pop valves, and whistle; electric generator; and scale rivet detail
• choice of three smokestack styles
• locomotive cab with operating doors, windows and roof hatch, authentically detailed with globe valves, water sight glass, gauges, throttle, air brake stand, reversing (Johnson) bar, and piping
• choice of coal or oil fuel load
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Don Gilham

Thanks guys - you know me, the main concern was that it has metal trucks :)

Don Gilham

Here's the difference in bodies between the new Climax (left, oil fired) and the old one.....