Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanic5972

If be very keen to see Daisy added to the loco range.
A re run of the red and the green express coaches would be good, maybe with the red ones featuring the earlier Red/White as oppose to the later Red/Cream.
A new troublesome truck would be good too. We haven't had an angry face truck. Maybe that would be a good addition. I can see Henrietta being given a face to match the series too.

Cheeky_ULP

If Daisy does get made, I think she'd be the first engine where I'd be okay with her being entirely based on her CGI design.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: ClrwtrMK2 on December 16, 2015, 10:21:04 AM
Okay... Here's my wishlist for 2016, Starting with HO/00.

Locomotives (Standard Gauge)

~Rosie

Yes, I still want Bachmann to make her.

~Harvey

Keep your "Harvey's too tall to be HO/00 because of his crane" comments to yourselves.
That comes across as more than a little presumptuous that you would assume that already...also isn't a good part of predicitons the criticisms? They allow us to all reason and see other member's points of view on certain topics...that kind of reponse cuts off potential constructive criticism and to me at least, how presumptuous it seems almost comes off as offensive to other members, we're all here to give our two cents after all, but I think we should all also be willing to accept and give constructive criticism, there is nothing wrong with that...personally I'd like to see models of Harvey and Rosie in HO/OO but I recognise that, to me anyway, they seem unlikely.

Isn't the point of the forums to share ideas and thoughts anyway? It sounds close to counter-intuitive to prevent the spread of ideas or thoughts with that kind of "keep your comments on *insert topic, character, etc here* to yourself" mentality. I can sympathise with feeling frustrated on topics and feeling like your ideas aren't being paid attention to, but I do think being able to receive and give constructive criticism without negative feelings is a good thing for any member of any forum to be able to do. But then again, those are just my thoughts on constructive criticism...but I respect your opinions listed for what you want to see, and agree with most of them actually, but I'm not sure how likely they all may be (no offense intended by this), and hey, to each their own, right? :)

Anywayyyyyyyyy, is anyone else a little suprised Bachmann didn't release a Brakevan in Narrow Gauge this year to accompany the freight stock? Or is it just me? I'd say that my most anticipated piece of Narrow Gauge stock (for the time being) is a Brakevan, from there since the Narrow Gauge Brakevans of the classic series were all the same but in different colours, it seems only logical that when the time came to release coaches into the range, the grey/brown Brakevan could easily be repainted to Blue or Red to accompany any potential Narrow Gauge Coaches...but again, that's just my thoughts...

~Alex

Chaz

Honestly, I agree with Alex.  I have to admit that part of ClrwtrMK2's post comes off as a little paranoid, when really it's not worth getting that worked up over.  I don't think there is anything wrong with agreeing or disagreeing with someone's opinions, as long as it is done in a mature way.  The only time I think it goes too far is when people use poor logic when stating their reasons such as saying "Hornby made Stepney, so Bachmann shouldn't make him" or "Bachmann needs to make Rosie because she's a girl".  Sharing thoughts for future products has really what makes speculation for Bachmann fun at times, especially seeing as when new products are announced and said characters do appear, it's a great feeling knowing that Bachmann staff do pay attention to our posts and take most of our suggestions into consideration. 

Personally, I still don't see Rosie or Harvey happening anytime soon from Bachmann and I don't think either of them would be very good sellers.  I think Harvey has the right amount of appearances as well as appearing regularly in CGI since his return in season 17, but his design would be too expensive and even a little complicated for Bachmann to put together.  Rosie on the other hand was clearly made as a marketing tool for selling trains to girls, and never really came off as an actual character to me.  Even by the standards of female characters, she is easily one of the weaker ones, especially compared to ones like Emily, Mavis, Caitlin, or Daisy.  Even in Arc's episodes, Rosie never speaks and has become a background character, and whenever she did speak back in Nitrogen's episodes it was in one episode per season with her roles being very minimal in them. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

ClrwtrMK2

Bachmann should make Rosie period! If they won't... I will with 3D Printing Technology.

Metal

Let's drop this here before things get hostile. There's nothing wrong with anticipations. But it's best to be civil.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Metal on December 18, 2015, 05:07:02 PM
Let's drop this here before things get hostile. There's nothing wrong with anticipations. But it's best to be civil.

I quite like the idea of several people sharing ideas on a Forum of the following years releases. I cannot see how things could get hostile though.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Metal on December 18, 2015, 05:07:02 PM
Agreed, anyway...this may sound like an odd question so I hope it makes sense, but what range is everyone looking forward to most next year? Like for example, if you (like me) are looking forward to Narrow Gauge the most, then you would say Narrow Gauge is the range you are most looking forward to...and what stock do you consider likely to occur in that range, and please bare in mind Bachmann is not learning curve, so they won't release 7 new toolings for one range next year...so if you do want to list them, please try to be realistic. This is an odd question but I thought it might stir up some interesting conversation, and since it's still about predictions for next year, it doesn't seem out of place here :)

~Alex

Chaz

I think the range I'm looking forward to seeing the most next year is the narrow gauge line, with HO coming at a close second, unless Daisy or Stepney appear in next year's announcements.  I'd be happy with some coaches in the narrow gauge range and I think a brake van would be nice too but I could see Bachmann putting that off for another year or so since the range only just started. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cheeky_ULP

https://www.facebook.com/festrailinsider/posts/1541392949512002

While it may not be the Thomas range, but PECO has announced that they will be making Talyllyn versions of their GVT 4 wheel coaches that we've known about. Makes you wonder if they're going to use this same tooling for the Thomas range. I'd rather accurate Talyllyn style coaches, to be honest, but this wouldn't be terrible either.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Sparks on December 24, 2015, 05:54:34 PM
https://www.facebook.com/festrailinsider/posts/1541392949512002

While it may not be the Thomas range, but PECO has announced that they will be making Talyllyn versions of their GVT 4 wheel coaches that we've known about. Makes you wonder if they're going to use this same tooling for the Thomas range. I'd rather accurate Talyllyn style coaches, to be honest, but this wouldn't be terrible either.

I hope Bachmann can get this new tooling from PECO, for the Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge range, because I would love some Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge Coaches.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: Chaz on December 18, 2015, 09:33:14 PM
I think the range I'm looking forward to seeing the most next year is the narrow gauge line, with HO coming at a close second, unless Daisy or Stepney appear in next year's announcements.  I'd be happy with some coaches in the narrow gauge range and I think a brake van would be nice too but I could see Bachmann putting that off for another year or so since the range only just started. 

The most optimal candidate for the narrow gauge range next is obviously Rheneas, seeing as he is number 2 and he also has had a fair bit of CGI screen time in both Nitrogen and Arc's time. The Christmas Tree Express, Luke's New Friend, and The Switch all come to mind.

However, it would be totally possible, with all the success Skarloey has brought the range, that Bachmann will decide to release two or even three new narrow gauge models and singly do a repair for the other two ranges. Personally I don't need Bachmann to be realeasing any new HO stuff-- I'm still trying to rebuild my collection!!

Peter Sam and Rusty would be great to see in the narrow gauge range, perhaps alongside Rheneas and a Skarloey set. Rolling stock is another issue seeing as (from what I understand) Bachmann is rebranding And recoloring Peco wagons (and maybe coaches?) so they don't really have to start from scratch on threat front. Perhaps a "Blue Montain Quarry Slate Run" set, seeing a as Skarkoey's description in the Bachmann catalog details his job as "transporting blue mountain slate from the mountain to Crovan's Gate" or something like that. It could give Bachmann a chance to utilize both the current open wagon and maybe a new slate wagon, as well as using their existing vans. The MSRP would be quite high I imagine, however...

I am really looking forward to news about Oliver and Toad. Ah, I remember when they were first announced-- I was so thrilled!!
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: RyanGNR on December 25, 2015, 01:25:15 PM

The most optimal candidate for the narrow gauge range next is obviously Rheneas, seeing as he is number 2 and he also has had a fair bit of CGI screen time in both Nitrogen and Arc's time. The Christmas Tree Express, Luke's New Friend, and The Switch all come to mind.

However, it would be totally possible, with all the success Skarloey has brought the range, that Bachmann will decide to release two or even three new narrow gauge models and singly do a repair for the other two ranges. Personally I don't need Bachmann to be realeasing any new HO stuff-- I'm still trying to rebuild my collection!!

Peter Sam and Rusty would be great to see in the narrow gauge range, perhaps alongside Rheneas and a Skarloey set. Rolling stock is another issue seeing as (from what I understand) Bachmann is rebranding And recoloring Peco wagons (and maybe coaches?) so they don't really have to start from scratch on threat front. Perhaps a "Blue Montain Quarry Slate Run" set, seeing a as Skarkoey's description in the Bachmann catalog details his job as "transporting blue mountain slate from the mountain to Crovan's Gate" or something like that. It could give Bachmann a chance to utilize both the current open wagon and maybe a new slate wagon, as well as using their existing vans. The MSRP would be quite high I imagine, however...

I am really looking forward to news about Oliver and Toad. Ah, I remember when they were first announced-- I was so thrilled!!

I agree, with you RyanGNR. For the past few years we have used a number of different HO Gauge releases, so it will be nice if Bachmann could release two or three Narrow Gauge Locomotives with some Coaches and Wagon's. I hope Rheneas and Handel get released in 2016.

In the next couple of years, I want Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Rusty and Duncan to be released fairly quickly, then it will get the Narrow Gauge collection popularity going quickly. Besides, very soon, I will be building another layout with PECO OO-9 Gauge Track, but of course, I will only have to start off with Skarloey, an Open Wagon, Box Van - Blue and Box Van - Red. That's not a big collection, and until Bachmann release more products in the Narrow Gauge range, it will be small. The Bachmann Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge needs a big booster.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: RyanGNR on December 25, 2015, 01:25:15 PM

I agree, with you RyanGNR. For the past few years we have used a number of different HO Gauge releases, so it will be nice if Bachmann could release two or three Narrow Gauge Locomotives with some Coaches and Wagon's. I hope Rheneas and Handel get released in 2016.

In the next couple of years, I want Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Rusty and Duncan to be released fairly quickly, then it will get the Narrow Gauge collection popularity going quickly. Besides, very soon, I will be building another layout with PECO OO-9 Gauge Track, but of course, I will only have to start off with Skarloey, an Open Wagon, Box Van - Blue and Box Van - Red. That's not a big collection, and until Bachmann release more products in the Narrow Gauge range, it will be small. The Bachmann Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge needs a big booster.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Oh yes of course! Whistle and Chuff Percy-- I completely forgot about him!! Yeah, I think the chances of Him being made are quite high...
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow