Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chloe Amy on December 26, 2015, 03:01:01 PM
Hey Jacob sorry I keep trying 2 reply 2 your messages but for some reason you're not getting them?

Oh. Why is that then? I haven't had a message from you. Maybe there could be something wrong with your account. Maybe you should delete this one and create another one.

Titanic5972

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 26, 2015, 03:39:48 PM

Oh. Why is that then? I haven't had a message from you. Maybe there could be something wrong with your account. Maybe you should delete this one and create another one.

Or maybe you have the settings wrong on your account which prohibits messages from other members. Check your settings before telling others to delete their account

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Titanic5972 on December 26, 2015, 04:02:36 PM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 26, 2015, 03:39:48 PM

Or maybe you have the settings wrong on your account which prohibits messages from other members. Check your settings before telling others to delete their account

I receive Personal Messages from other Members fine, as since I have set up my account. I have received 307 Messages in total. I send many Messages to AJW98Productions daily and he replies back. I have had a Message from RyanGNR and I also get one or two Messages now and again from UPTODAY as well. I have not found people having trouble with somebody sending me a Personal Message before, but only with Chloe Amy.

The reason why I said that to Chloe Amy, because I receive messages alright from other Members, so I am guessing their must be something wrong with Chloe Amy's account.

UPDATE: I have just checked my Personal Message Options, and there is nobody in my 'Ignorelist' so it does look like I have a problem with my account.

Chloe Amy

to jacob:

"You have exceeded the limit of 5 personal messages per hour." apparently?

wow this place is so strict it's lame!

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chloe Amy on December 26, 2015, 05:10:09 PM
to jacob:

"You have exceeded the limit of 5 personal messages per hour." apparently?

wow this place is so strict it's lame!

Yes, I know it is Chloe. I was waiting for the limit thing to come into this. I agree that limit is daft. If you wait until around 10:30pm (UK time), it should allow you to reply to me.

Chloe Amy

AJW98Productions

I suggest perhaps we shift the topic towards predictions for what Bachmann could make next year. I recall much earlier this year, I believe it was, if members thought the Skarloey Railway coaches (if Bachmann were to release them,) would have faces or be faceless. It has dawned on me that I asked a very silly question, as I just found out the last time we saw Narrow Gauge coaches with faces was in Season 4, and they haven't had faces since.

Quote from: Chaz on December 26, 2015, 02:51:54 PM
For the third narrow gauge engine, I could see it either being Sir Handel or Peter Sam.  While Sir Handel would make sense because of the numerical order, I feel Peter Sam would make even more sense than Sir Handel because he has had more appearances and speaking roles in CGI and has also had his own episode to himself in CGI which was Don't Bother Victor.  Either of these would be great, but even on a personal preference Peter Sam is my favorite narrow gauge engine so I would be happy seeing him come out in the future. 
To me, Sir Handel makes sense from a numerical perspective, as I see Rheneas being the second engine released, but I think Peter Sam may have better chances of coming out first, mainly because from what I can see from parts of the fanbase, he seems to be more popular than Sir Handel, and as Peter Sam is generally a more pleasant character than Sir Handel, and for a few other reasons here and there, I could see Bachmann releasing Peter Sam third, and Sir Handel fourth.

That could be personal bias of mine though, Peter Sam is one of my favourite Narrow Gauge engines and was my favourite for quite a while when I was younger.

On a side note I'm hoping Duke will return at some point in the nearby future. Because the Narrow Gauge line isn't complete without him, and for me at least, it'd be nice to have a model of him at some point in the future.

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on December 26, 2015, 10:18:08 PM
I suggest perhaps we shift the topic towards predictions for what Bachmann could make next year. I recall much earlier this year, I believe it was, if members thought the Skarloey Railway coaches (if Bachmann were to release them,) would have faces or be faceless. It has dawned on me that I asked a very silly question, as I just found out the last time we saw Narrow Gauge coaches with faces was in Season 4, and they haven't had faces since.

Quote from: Chaz on December 26, 2015, 02:51:54 PM
For the third narrow gauge engine, I could see it either being Sir Handel or Peter Sam.  While Sir Handel would make sense because of the numerical order, I feel Peter Sam would make even more sense than Sir Handel because he has had more appearances and speaking roles in CGI and has also had his own episode to himself in CGI which was Don't Bother Victor.  Either of these would be great, but even on a personal preference Peter Sam is my favorite narrow gauge engine so I would be happy seeing him come out in the future.  
To me, Sir Handel makes sense from a numerical perspective, as I see Rheneas being the second engine released, but I think Peter Sam may have better chances of coming out first, mainly because from what I can see from parts of the fanbase, he seems to be more popular than Sir Handel, and as Peter Sam is generally a more pleasant character than Sir Handel, and for a few other reasons here and there, I could see Bachmann releasing Peter Sam third, and Sir Handel fourth.

That could be personal bias of mine though, Peter Sam is one of my favourite Narrow Gauge engines and was my favourite for quite a while when I was younger.

On a side note I'm hoping Duke will return at some point in the nearby future. Because the Narrow Gauge line isn't complete without him, and for me at least, it'd be nice to have a model of him at some point in the future.

~Alex

I can see Sir Handel being released before Peter Sam. I agree with Alex, about the numerical order makes more sense. I really do think Rheneas will be released next year (2016), although this year was probably a test to see how popular the Narrow Gauge range would be. I am hoping that next year we will get two Narrow Gauge Locomotives. I am hoping for Rheneas and Sir Handel.

Metal

Seeing how the show is going now, it really won't surprise me if Sir Handel is the last of the original 6. I could even see Duncan happening before him, considering the many roles he's gotten since his return. It's also a personal preference considering that Duncan is my favorite NG Engine.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Metal on December 27, 2015, 11:56:47 AM
Seeing how the show is going now, it really won't surprise me if Sir Handel is the last of the original 6. I could even see Duncan happening before him, considering the many roles he's gotten since his return. It's also a personal preference considering that Duncan is my favorite NG Engine.

How can you see Sir Handel being the last to get released of the first 6 Narrow Gauge Engines? I hoping that the first 6 Engines get released by Bachmann in a numerical order.

Parva Productions

Bachmann realistically are only going to produce items if they think they're going to sell. Numerical order won't guarantee sales - popularity of the characters will. Sir Handel has barely appeared in the show in recent years, whereas the likes of Peter Sam, Duncan and Rusty have been far more frequent.

If I were a betting man I would place money on Rheneas being the next narrow gauge engine introduced, followed by Rusty and then Peter Sam. I can't see Sir Handel being produced for some time.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Parva Productions on December 27, 2015, 12:12:06 PM
Bachmann realistically are only going to produce items if they think they're going to sell. Numerical order won't guarantee sales - popularity of the characters will. Sir Handel has barely appeared in the show in recent years, whereas the likes of Peter Sam, Duncan and Rusty have been far more frequent.

If I were a betting man I would place money on Rheneas being the next narrow gauge engine introduced, followed by Rusty and then Peter Sam. I can't see Sir Handel being produced for some time.

Personally, I prefer them to be released in numerical order, than popularity of the Locomotive. I am pretty sure Rheneas will be released next, then Sir Handel, second Peter Sam, third Rusty and fourth Duncan.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 27, 2015, 12:20:04 PM
Quote from: Parva Productions on December 27, 2015, 12:12:06 PM

Personally, I prefer them to be released in numerical order, than popularity of the Locomotive. I am pretty sure Rheneas will be released next, then Sir Handel, second Peter Sam, third Rusty and fourth Duncan.
I think Parva Productions has a point though, Bachmann cares not for the numerical preferences of a few, when there is higher demand for engines like Peter Sam to be released first, they wish to appeal to the largest possible demographic, whilst still keeping their options realistic.

I think Peter Sam or Rusty are more likely. The simplicity of Rusty's design and kitbashing potential would make for an appealing model, but Peter Sam seems to have the greatest demand for the third engine, but I suppose things could change between now and 2017, when I'm assuming the third Narrow Gauge engine would be released. I suspect for 2016 we'll see Rheneas as the next engine in the range.

I'm curious as to what people might think might be released in terms of rolling stock for Narrow Gauge next year, personally I'm hoping for the Brown Brakevan from the classic series, and the Blue and White Coaches from the classic series, along with their matching Blue Brakevan from the classic series.
(Please do not quote this post in its entirety if you are to reply to this...it would severely begin to clog up the page)

Anyway, best wishes,
~Alex :)

TheJJ

Well I haven't been on since October, so boy have I missed a lot. Let me just say Happy Holidays everyone! Now Jacob, I want to bring up a point. Releasing them in numerical order isn't good business, in some cases, yeah, but here's an example, the first Bachmann engines released in HO and Large scale were Thomas, Percy, and James. Are you saying the first three released should have been Thomas, Edward, and Henry? You have to release the popular items that will sell well first, then build on the brand. With that being said I think the next Narrow gauge will either be Rheneas or Peter Sam. Like it was mentioned before Sir Handel hasn't been a regular in a long time. With all this being said my predictions for 2016.
HO:
Oliver and Road (this isn't really a prediction, but point being they are gonna be released). I doubt any other engines will be released, I'd also love a Stepney, but he also hasn't been used in quite some time (which I would love to see him back one day). Maybe a new piece of rolling stock, but that's a bout it.
L:
Winston (again obviously)
NgHO:
Rheneas or Peter Sam
Coaches (Red or White&Blue)

These are just predictions, but I think they are realistic.
-John

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: JJ96 on December 27, 2015, 01:05:52 PM
Well I haven't been on since October, so boy have I missed a lot. Let me just say Happy Holidays everyone! Now Jacob, I want to bring up a point. Releasing them in numerical order isn't good business, in some cases, yeah, but here's an example, the first Bachmann engines released in HO and Large scale were Thomas, Percy, and James. Are you saying the first three released should have been Thomas, Edward, and Henry? You have to release the popular items that will sell well first, then build on the brand. With that being said I think the next Narrow gauge will either be Rheneas or Peter Sam. Like it was mentioned before Sir Handel hasn't been a regular in a long time. With all this being said my predictions for 2016.
HO:
Oliver and Road (this isn't really a prediction, but point being they are gonna be released). I doubt any other engines will be released, I'd also love a Stepney, but he also hasn't been used in quite some time (which I would love to see him back one day). Maybe a new piece of rolling stock, but that's a bout it.
L:

Winston (again obviously)
NgHO:
Rheneas or Peter Sam
Coaches (Red or White&Blue)

These are just predictions, but I think they are realistic.
-John

No John, I am not saying that the first three Locomotives released in 2002 should have been Thomas, Edward and Henry. Bachmann releasing Thomas, Percy and James where perfect choices. I am only saying that with the Narrow Gauge Locomotives. They should be released in a numerical order, because we all know that the Narrow Gauge Engines are small, so too me, in my mind, they should be released in numerical order, as they are all relatively the same size, so I just see it silly of Bachmann releasing them in a non numerical order. To me, as I have said, the Engines are roughly the same size, so they should cost about the same to produce, so where is the logic in releasing them not in a numerical order? Bachmann would then just be picking them randomly and that is silly. A numerical order is much better.