Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJJ

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 27, 2015, 01:53:01 PM
No John, I am not saying that the first three Locomotives released in 2002 should have been Thomas, Edward and Henry. Bachmann releasing Thomas, Percy and James where perfect choices. I am only saying that with the Narrow Gauge Locomotives. They should be released in a numerical order, because we all know that the Narrow Gauge Engines are small, so too me, in my mind, they should be released in numerical order, as they are all relatively the same size, so I just see it silly of Bachmann releasing them in a non numerical order. To me, as I have said, the Engines are roughly the same size, so they should cost about the same to produce, so where is the logic in releasing them not in a numerical order? Bachmann would then just be picking them randomly and that is silly. A numerical order is much better.
It is the same concept though. Release the most popular, then build on the brand. Skarloey was without a doubt the most popular, I mean they refer to it as the Skarloey Railway. Now to continuing to build the brand the most realistic engines to release next are Rheneas, Peter Sam, or Rusty. They are the next most popular of the engines in that scale. It wouldn't be randomly picking, it would be a smart marketing decision.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: JJ96 on December 27, 2015, 02:15:09 PM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 27, 2015, 01:53:01 PM
No John, I am not saying that the first three Locomotives released in 2002 should have been Thomas, Edward and Henry. Bachmann releasing Thomas, Percy and James where perfect choices. I am only saying that with the Narrow Gauge Locomotives. They should be released in a numerical order, because we all know that the Narrow Gauge Engines are small, so too me, in my mind, they should be released in numerical order, as they are all relatively the same size, so I just see it silly of Bachmann releasing them in a non numerical order. To me, as I have said, the Engines are roughly the same size, so they should cost about the same to produce, so where is the logic in releasing them not in a numerical order? Bachmann would then just be picking them randomly and that is silly. A numerical order is much better.
It is the same concept though. Release the most popular, then build on the brand. Skarloey was without a doubt the most popular, I mean they refer to it as the Skarloey Railway. Now to continuing to build the brand the most realistic engines to release next are Rheneas, Peter Sam, or Rusty. They are the next most popular of the engines in that scale. It wouldn't be randomly picking, it would be a smart marketing decision.

I really think that Bachmann will release Rheneas next year (2016), but I think Bachmann should release them in numerical order, not by the popularity. I am not terribly interested in the popularity of the character. I just think a numerical order will be best.

TheJJ

And while you may not care about popularity, a business has to.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: JJ96 on December 27, 2015, 02:26:13 PM

Maybe a business does, but I would prefer the Narrow Gauge Locomotives to arrive on my layout in numerical order.

Chaz

You sir hit the nail with the hammer. That's what it comes down to in the end, popularity of a character. Things like the color, number, or even gender of the locomotive almost never has anything to do with production.  What usually comes to mind more than anything else is either the popularity of the character or sometimes how easy it might be to make a model of said character (i.e. Recolors or twins).

I like Sir Handel, and I would buy a model of him if he were to be announced in the future.   I wouldn't even mind if by any chance the annoucements go in numerical order.  But it would not surprise me if we saw Peter Sam, Rusty, or even Duncan before him and that is because these characters have been used more regularly throughout the show in CGI.  Rheneas would make the most sense to me not because of his number, but because of his popularity. He has appeared a lot since the NG came back in CGI and he is also one of the more popular narrow gauge engines.  Like I said in another thread, he's basically the "Percy" of the narrow gauge engines which is why others like myself would put him before any other character at this time since the range only just started this year.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #74 By Chaz: I agree with you there Chaz, that Rheneas is the "Percy" of the Skarloey Railway. Skarloey is the "Thomas" of this railway. I would also buy Sir Handel from Bachmann when they release him. My least favourite is Peter Sam, but I would still buy him. I would buy all of them.

TheJJ

Quote from: Chaz on December 27, 2015, 02:42:17 PM

You sir hit the nail with the hammer. That's what it comes down to in the end, popularity of a character. Things like the color, number, or even gender of the locomotive almost never has anything to do with production.  What usually comes to mind more than anything else is either the popularity of the character or sometimes how easy it might be to make a model of said character (i.e. Recolors or twins).

I like Sir Handel, and I would buy a model of him if he were to be announced in the future.   I wouldn't even mind if by any chance the annoucements go in numerical order.  But it would not surprise me if we saw Peter Sam, Rusty, or even Duncan before him and that is because these characters have been used more regularly throughout the show in CGI.  Rheneas would make the most sense to me not because of his number, but because of his popularity. He has appeared a lot since the NG came back in CGI and he is also one of the more popular narrow gauge engines.  Like I said in another thread, he's basically the "Percy" of the narrow gauge engines which is why others like myself would put him before any other character at this time since the range only just started this year. 
I agree, if it went in numerical order, I wouldn't mind, because I like Sir Handel as well, but as you agreed with me, he just isn't the most in demand.

Jacob Wilson

I would rather see Sir Handel get released before Peter Sam, not because of the numerical order, but because I prefer Sir Handel to Peter Sam.

Cheeky_ULP

If the speculation about the possibility of the Skarloey tooling being re-used for a Talyllyn model turn out to be true, then Rheneas/Dolgoch is pretty much a shoe-in to be next.

TheJJ

Quote from: Sparks on December 27, 2015, 07:27:59 PM
If the speculation about the possibility of the Skarloey tooling being re-used for a Talyllyn model turn out to be true, then Rheneas/Dolgoch is pretty much a shoe-in to be next.
Why would he need be a shoe-in?

ChaoticCreeper55

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: ChaoticCreeper55 on December 27, 2015, 11:21:39 PM
Sparks do you have a YouTube channel?

I can understand why you are asking this question because you want to Subscribe to his YouTube Channel if he has one, but personally this sort of question does not suit the Discussion you posted it in, and it would be better if you sent Sparks a Personal Message to ask the question to him instead.

TheJJ

So...question. What are the latest rumors on Oliver and Toad??? And do you think pics of them will soon surface? Maybe Feb? (Just to clarifying I'm not asking for the pics, just speculation on them and the eventual release.)

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: JJ96 on December 28, 2015, 08:02:16 PM
So...question. What are the latest rumors on Oliver and Toad??? And do you think pics of them will soon surface? Maybe Feb? (Just to clarifying I'm not asking for the pics, just speculation on them and the eventual release.)

I think some pictures of them will come up soon.

Chaz

I would expect pictures of Oliver and Toad as well as Oliver's retail price will be revealed in the 2016 catalog which would follow right after the 2016 announcements in February.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.