Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 04, 2016, 11:38:10 AM
Did I get that right then Alex, of why we have to be careful of what we post as Members on the Bachmann Trains Forum?
That's the part I was specifically referring to specifically, so yes. That's at least part of why we must be careful (I think). After all, producers sometimes feel like their consumers can reflect the producer themselves, for better or for worse, but I sense we have gone off-topic here, so I'll just leave it at that for now, and continue to imagine the potentially glorius future of Bachmann's Narrow Gauge range (I mean, I will be one extremely happy fan if the Blue and White Coaches are released, along with a matching Blue Brake van of course). :)

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on January 04, 2016, 11:47:04 AM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 04, 2016, 11:38:10 AM
Did I get that right then Alex, of why we have to be careful of what we post as Members on the Bachmann Trains Forum?
That's the part I was specifically referring to specifically, so yes. That's at least part of why we must be careful (I think). After all, producers sometimes feel like their consumers can reflect the producer themselves, for better or for worse, but I sense we have gone off-topic here, so I'll just leave it at that for now, and continue to imagine the potentially glorius future of Bachmann's Narrow Gauge range (I mean, I will be one extremely happy fan if the Blue and White Coaches are released, along with a matching Blue Brake van of course). :)

~Alex

Thank you Alex.

I would like the Blue and White Coaches too with a matching Blue Brake Van, but my personal first choice is to have the Red Coaches from the model-era, along with a matching Red Brake Coach. This the Red Coach I ma talking about that we see Skarloey pulling (Please click on the website link I have posted below to view the image I am talking about):

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/9/92/FourLittleEngines2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130812053625/.

Cheeky_ULP

I think for coaches, it will boil down to either Bachmann repainting Pecos 4-wheel GVT coaches, or the possibility of them making Talyllyn coaches that they can repaint into Thomas coaches too. Time will tell on that matter, since a lot of people speculate Skarloey is going to be retooled into a Talyllyn model.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Sparks on January 04, 2016, 12:43:31 PM
I think for coaches, it will boil down to either Bachmann repainting Pecos 4-wheel GVT coaches, or the possibility of them making Talyllyn coaches that they can repaint into Thomas coaches too. Time will tell on that matter, since a lot of people speculate Skarloey is going to be retooled into a Talyllyn model.
Whilst I unfortunately think you could be right about the Peco GVT 4 Wheel Coaches being repainted there Sparks, I personally would love it if Bachmann made their own tooling for the Skarloey Railway Coaches, which could then be retooled into Talyllyn Railway Coaches. But you are correct, only time will tell.

~Alex

Cheeky_ULP

As I mentioned in a previous post, Peco is making a Talyllyn version of the GVT coach, which is on the Talyllyn Railway;

I don't know if the Skarloey Railway has any sort of fictional equivalent to  it.

AJW98Productions

To my knowledge, the Skarloey Railway has no equivalent of the GVT Coach (which is part of why I hope Bachmann may make their own coach tooling next year). But I suppose beggers can't be choosers. Still, thank you for sharing the picture of the real life GVT Coach and some of your knowledge there, Sparks :)

On a side note I find that the GVT Coach really sticks out from the other Talyllyn Railway Coaches (probably the different livery and smaller size), it actually looks quite charming in amongst the other coaches :)

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on January 04, 2016, 12:47:01 PM
Quote from: Sparks on January 04, 2016, 12:43:31 PM
Whilst I unfortunately think you could be right about the Peco GVT 4 Wheel Coaches being repainted there Sparks, I personally would love it if Bachmann made their own tooling for the Skarloey Railway Coaches, which could then be retooled into Talyllyn Railway Coaches. But you are correct, only time will tell.

~Alex

I agree, Alex. If Bachmann also created their tooling for the Coaches and Brake Van's, I have feeling this will bring the price tag of the Narrow Gauge Rolling Stock down, as the reason why lasts years (2015) Wagon's cost so much is so Bachammn make a profit, costs also go to PECO as it their tooling and part of the cost goes to HiT Entertainment for the licensing of it, being it is a Thomas & Friends product.

Metal

Seeing how the show is going now. Based on the characters appearances and roles.
Here's how I think the NG chracters would be released

After Rheneas
-A 50/50 toss-up between Peter Sam and Duncan
-Followed by Rusty
-And Sir Handel last, considering he's had very few appearances.

Thoughts??

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Metal on January 04, 2016, 02:14:15 PM
Seeing how the show is going now. Based on the characters appearances and roles.

After Rheneas
-Followed by Rusty

Thoughts??

I think they will come out in number order. I think personally each year they will be released like this:

2016 - Rheneas
2017 - Sir Handel
2018 - Peter Sam
2019 - Rusty
2020 - Duncan

TheJJ

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 04, 2016, 02:24:15 PM
Quote from: Metal on January 04, 2016, 02:14:15 PM

After Rheneas
-Followed by Rusty

Thoughts??

I think they will come out in number order. I think personally each year they will be released like this:

2016 - Rheneas
2017 - Sir Handel
2018 - Peter Sam
2019 - Rusty
2020 - Duncan

I think that if the line gets popular enough we could see two releases per year, maybe too early for that this year now that I think about it so...
2016- Rheneas
2017- Peter Sam and Rusty
2018- Duncan and Sir Handel OR Luke (call be crazy, but I could see it)

As far as rolling stock and coaches go, I'd love to see some slate cars, but regardless of what color I think the coaches are  among the highest priorities (excluding engines)

Chaz

I wouldn't mind if the narrow gauge engines went in numerical order, but I would imagine Bachmann would more likely go for some of the more popular narrow gauge characters first before moving onto some of the less popular ones.  The one Metal posted earlier is pretty much equivalent of what I would have guessed.  I don't see any of the newer narrow gauge engines like Luke or even Millie happening anytime soon though. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TheJJ

Quote from: Chaz on January 04, 2016, 03:41:24 PM
I wouldn't mind if the narrow gauge engines went in numerical order, but I would imagine Bachmann would more likely go for some of the more popular narrow gauge characters first before moving onto some of the less popular ones.  The one Metal posted earlier is pretty much equivalent of what I would have guessed.  I don't see any of the newer narrow gauge engines like Luke or even Millie happening anytime soon though. 
I agree not anytime soon, but if they are focusing the narrow gauge line on the CGI series more than the classic Luke has had decent exposure. So I do think he is realistic, but I agree, not anytime soon.

Chaz

Admittedly if there is any CGI narrow gauge engine who I could see happening after or almost after the main six narrow gauge engines are made I would think Victor would make the most sense because he is a lot more iconic and has been popular since his debut in Hero of the Rails. 

Fair point on Luke though, he is another one of my favorites in CGI I think he would look pretty nice from Bachmann. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on January 04, 2016, 03:41:24 PM

I do not see Luke or Millie getting released soon, but I would like Bachmann to release them at some point in the future. Before Bachmann release Luke and Millie, we defiantly need Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Rusty and Duncan.

TheJJ

Quote from: Sparks on January 04, 2016, 12:49:04 PM
As I mentioned in a previous post, Peco is making a Talyllyn version of the GVT coach, which is on the Talyllyn Railway;

I don't know if the Skarloey Railway has any sort of fictional equivalent to  it.
I wouldn't mind if they just repainted the Peco coaches, as long as the colors were show accurate. I genuinely wouldn't mind not complain, because we'd still be getting coaches.