Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan1993

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 04, 2016, 02:24:15 PM

I think they will come out in number order. I think personally each year they will be released like this:

2016 - Rheneas
2017 - Sir Handel
2018 - Peter Sam
2019 - Rusty
2020 - Duncan

Maybe they'll release about 3 Narrow Gauge Engines per year:

2016 - Rheneas, Sir Handel & Peter Sam
2017 - Rusty, Duncan & Duke
2018 - Victor, Millie & Luke
2019 - Mighty Mac, Freddie & Proteus

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: ThomasFan1993 on January 06, 2016, 08:10:10 AM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 04, 2016, 02:24:15 PM

I think they will come out in number order. I think personally each year they will be released like this:

2016 - Rheneas
2017 - Sir Handel
2018 - Peter Sam
2019 - Rusty
2020 - Duncan

Maybe they'll release about 3 Narrow Gauge Engines per year:

2016 - Rheneas, Sir Handel & Peter Sam
2017 - Rusty, Duncan & Duke
2018 - Victor, Millie & Luke
2019 - Mighty Mac, Freddie & Proteus

It would be nice of we get three Narrow Gauge Loco's a year, but since we got one last year, I would be surprised. Two could be too many. Maybe we could get three a year, two at the most, but currently I am only expecting one a year at the most.

thomasj219

Here's the way I see it going.

2016 Rheneas & Rusty
2017 Sir Handel & Peter Sam
2018 Duncan & Duke (If he makes a comeback in the show)

If they stick to one a year I still think it will be the same order, except it will stretch to 2021.
BACHMANN have always shown  they are aware of the need to cater to the older crowd when it comes to highly priced electric models.  They are guaranteed sales in our market and the parents will buy anything Thomas so it's win win.  I'm confident that if this is the lineup they end up going with the Narrow Gauge range will be enormously successful.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: thomasj219 on January 06, 2016, 07:29:37 PM
Here's the way I see it going.

2016 Rheneas & Rusty
2017 Sir Handel & Peter Sam
2018 Duncan & Duke (If he makes a comeback in the show)

If they stick to one a year I still think it will be the same order, except it will stretch to 2021.
BACHMANN have always shown  they are aware of the need to cater to the older crowd when it comes to highly priced electric models.  They are guaranteed sales in our market and the parents will buy anything Thomas so it's win win.  I'm confident that if this is the lineup they end up going with the Narrow Gauge range will be enormously successful.

Bachmann do need to be careful though. They can't go release about 5 Locomotives in one year. Bachmann took a risk I do believe releasing the Narrow Gauge, which I think is a good risk the took, but it could had easily been a disaster and they need to make sure that every year, this range is popular and Bachmann are not wasting money tooling and release new Narrow Gauge Locomotives. I would do not even see two Narrow Gauge Locomotives being released this year. One at the most, maybe two. I would be surprised if we get two.

Chaz

It's pretty rare for Bachmann to announce more than two engines a year.  In the case of narrow gauge though, I would expect only one maybe two a year maximum.  Rusty would be a reasonable candidate to be a second engine to join another character at the same time since his design is simple enough for Bachmann to work with in a reasonable amount of time. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on January 06, 2016, 08:51:56 PM
It's pretty rare for Bachmann to announce more than two engines a year.  In the case of narrow gauge though, I would expect only one maybe two a year maximum.  Rusty would be a reasonable candidate to be a second engine to join another character at the same time since his design is simple enough for Bachmann to work with in a reasonable amount of time.  

I agree Chaz. I think we will only get one Locomotive this year and think it will be Rheneas.

sean1994rail

So do I. Since Oliver is due with toad in 2016, either Rheneas, Rusty or Duncan would probably be the most likely next locomotive candidates IMO. Then I guess 1 HO and 1 HOn30 engine every year after that.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: sean1994rail on January 07, 2016, 08:58:40 AM
So do I. Since Oliver is due with toad in 2016, either Rheneas, Rusty or Duncan would probably be the most likely next locomotive candidates IMO. Then I guess 1 HO and 1 HOn30 engine every year after that.

I agree with you, sean1994rail. I think ever from now on. One HO Locomotive and one Narrow Gauge Locomotive.

TTTEfan1992

Does anybody know if the Bachmann 2016 catalog will be available to look at online right when the catalogs are released (February 13-16), or will it take some time to be uploaded online after they're released?

Chaz

They are usually up by around the same time, so I am fairly certain that you should be able to see the catalog around that time.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TTTEfan1992

Do you have a good feeling that Oliver's and Toad's model picture will be revealed in this year's catalog?

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on January 15, 2016, 11:08:06 PM
Do you have a good feeling that Oliver's and Toad's model picture will be revealed in this year's catalog?

Yes, I think Bachmann will reveal Oliver and Toad in this year's Catalogue.

TTTEfan1992

For those of you that are interested, I found an estimated shipping date on Bachmann Oliver, and I also heard when Bachmann Toad is possibly going to be released.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on January 18, 2016, 01:41:12 AM
For those of you that are interested, I found an estimated shipping date on Bachmann Oliver, and I also heard when Bachmann Toad is possibly going to be released.

When are these shipping dates, TTTEfan1992?

TTTEfan1992

Well, online I found an estimated shipping date for Bachmann Oliver on Train Sets Only that says April 5, 2016. I wouldn't count on that too hard, because it's been known to change. As for Bachmann Toad, I heard that he is supposed to be released in either April, or May.