Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: sean1994rail on January 24, 2016, 05:06:27 PM
James, Percy and the fruitful day. 3 troublesome trucks and a ventilated van was carrying fruit.

I think I remember this Episode now and the Fruit Van's you are talking about. I will look for the 'James, Percy and the Fruitful Day' Episode on YouTube (Clearly I have not seen it for a while), but I do not think they would be successful if Bachmann where to release them. I admit Bachmann need to release more Ventilated Van's, because I do love them, but I think the Fireworks Van's would be more successful than the Fruit Van's for a selling and marketing point of view.

sean1994rail

Maybe the fruit van could be a good candidate for troublesome truck 5. The fruit van could be a good way for getting kids to eat healthy. In real life, there were fruit vans of various styles designed for conveyance of fruit by rail, there was even a ventilated van type designed for transporting bananas.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: sean1994rail on January 24, 2016, 05:17:49 PM
Maybe the fruit van could be a good candidate for troublesome truck 5.

Maybe it could do, or Troublesome Truck #5 could be a Tanker, like you see in the very early TV Series. I would love to have a one of these Troublesome Truck Tanker's! It would be so cool, and some different variety in the Troublesome Truck's available.

sean1994rail

If a tanker for troublesome truck 5, maybe the discontinued tar tanker could be used.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: sean1994rail on January 24, 2016, 05:21:57 PM
If a tanker for troublesome truck 5, maybe the discontinued tar tanker could be used.

Personally, if a Tanker would be used by Bachmann for Troublesome Truck #5, I would prefer it to be a plain black Tanker with no livery on it, with a small face on one end.

Chaz

A sliding door van seems like a pretty reasonable idea coming from Bachmann since the ice cream van is the same tooling, minus the sliding door.  I'd say that addition would be pretty welcome in the Thomas range.  

A hopper wouldn't be a bad idea either coming from Bachmann, especially since the tooling would also be reused from the Mainline range:

I wouldn't mind seeing this having a ballast load included either, just like the coal wagon.  

As for the fruit van, that type of van has never been introduced through Mainline, so if they were to do this for the Thomas range, it would have to be a new tooling Bachmann would have to look into.  It also wouldn't be a bad idea for a Troublesome Truck #5 either since the same van has been used as a troublesome truck before.

I wouldn't mind if they did this but personally I'm a little doubtful since it's not often Bachmann make new toolings for rolling stock nowadays.  I'll admit that if they did this it would certainly be a step up compared to their other troublesome trucks, but at this point I would think that if we were to get a Troublesome Truck #5 I would assume they would use the tooling from either the salt wagon or ice cream wagon.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #180 By Chaz: Good point there Chaz. The Closed Van that big face would also be a good Troublesome Truck for Bachmann to release. I hope either Troublesome Truck #5 or Troublesome Truck #6 will be the Closed Van with the big face (As pictured above in Chaz's post) or the Tanker I mentioned in a few post's above, with the small face at one end.

UPTODAY

Hey,CHAZ,those hoppers are really neat looking,we could use a bunch of those!!!!(no purple)
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Kemptown Branch

I hope they make BoCo, the Fruit Van, and a separate sale Snowplow for Thomas.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Cheeky_ULP

Just a reminder that Toy Fair is in 3 weeks. The countdown begins.

TTTEfan1992

I know the toy fair is an exciting event for the Bachmann range, so I have my own reasons why I'm excited for the toy fair. I want to know out of curiosity. Why are you excited for the toy fair?

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 24, 2016, 09:44:12 PM
Hey,CHAZ,those hoppers are really neat looking,we could use a bunch of those!!!!(no purple)
UPTODAY

I thought the 'Purple' related to Brake Van's?!

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on January 24, 2016, 10:34:00 PM
I hope they make BoCo, the Fruit Van, and a separate sale Snowplow for Thomas.

BoCo and Thomas' Snowplow on it's own would be nice.

Quote from: Sparks on January 25, 2016, 01:01:51 AM
Just a reminder that Toy Fair is in 3 weeks. The countdown begins.
Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on January 25, 2016, 01:25:03 AM
I know the toy fair is an exciting event for the Bachmann range, so I have my own reasons why I'm excited for the toy fair. I want to know out of curiosity. Why are you excited for the toy fair?

Is this when Bachmann will announce the new releases?

Titanic5972

When is the toy fair?

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Titanic5972 on January 25, 2016, 05:11:40 AM

When is the toy fair?

I agree. Where and when is the Toy Fair?

TTTEfan1992

The toy fair runs from February 13-16, 2016 in New York City.