Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTTEfan1992

Yes Jaicob, the toy fair is when Bachmann announces new releases this year, and it's the time when announced products that haven't been released yet are revealed in the new catalog. For instance, Oliver's and Toad's actual model pictures will most likely be revealed in this year's catalog as they were announced last year.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on January 25, 2016, 10:10:02 AM
The toy fair runs from February 13-16, 2016 in New York City.

Oh, dear. I will not be able to attend the Toy Fair then. I live in the UK, not the USA!

Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on January 25, 2016, 10:24:15 AM
Yes Jaicob, the toy fair is when Bachmann announces new releases this year, and it's the time when announced products that haven't been released yet are revealed in the new catalog. For instance, Oliver's and Toad's actual model pictures will most likely be revealed in this year's catalog as they were announced last year.

I look forward to seeing what Bachmann Oliver and Toad will look like. I hope soon we will know the new announcements of this year as well.

sean1994rail

I almost forgot about the China Clay wagon.

Another possibility in HO. Will go well with Bill and Ben.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: sean1994rail on January 25, 2016, 04:45:10 PM
I almost forgot about the China Clay wagon.

Another possibility in HO. Will go well with Bill and Ben.

Yes, a China Clay Truck would be nice. It will be perfect for Bill and Ben!

ClrwtrMK2

They already did a China Clay Wagon, But it was for the Narrow Gauge. Same can be said for the Old Vans... Both the China Clay Wagon & Old Van should be scaled up to HO.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: ClrwtrMK2 on January 26, 2016, 12:49:16 PM
They already did a China Clay Wagon, But it was for the Narrow Gauge. Same can be said for the Old Vans... Both the China Clay Wagon & Old Van should be scaled up to HO.

I guess it is a China Clay Wagon, but Bachmann have called it an Open Wagon. This is supposed to be an ordinary Open Wagon for the Narrow Gauge range. Myself and I think others are talking about Bachmann releasing a China Clay Wagon, that is for the standard HO range.

SportyPup

I agree with a lot of people here who want "proper laughing vans."  For some reason, the open wagon troublesome trucks get far too much spotlight in all Thomas merchandising, dating all the way back to Ertl from from my own toddler days.  Even as a very young child, I liked vans more than open wagons, particularly those from the Duck and Diesel trilogy that had large, expressive faces.  They always seemed meaner and more aggressive to me, which in my childlike innocence, made me love them far more.

Laughing vans aren't even something that were phased out of the model series, so they had lots of exposure.  Of course CGI hasn't rendered any with faces yet, but I can easily overlook such a nitpick.

We do have the ventilated van, which is excellent on its own, but it's also faceless and has an odd color scheme--not bad, just odd.  Troublesome truck #3 has a great face but a truly bizarre color choice.  I personally think the sliding door vans would be appealing to kids, because I had one in N scale as a kid and I loved it (and never let anyone else touch it). 

Also, I don't know who mentioned this, but I also agree future troublesome trucks should have meaner faces.  The only ones that aren't smiling are S.C. Ruffey who looks like a blowfish and tt#4 who looks sad and kind of dopey.   I am one of the few who actually likes tt#4 however.

Well, I've gone on long enough.  Just sharing my laughing van fanboy side  ;D

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 26, 2016, 01:15:56 PM
I guess it is a China Clay Wagon, but Bachmann have called it an Open Wagon. This is supposed to be an ordinary Open Wagon for the Narrow Gauge range. Myself and I think others are talking about Bachmann releasing a China Clay Wagon, that is for the standard HO range.
That's exactly the range ClrwtrMk2 meant though...he's saying that the Open Wagon and Box Vans from these Narrow Gauge wagons should be "scaled up" as it were, so that they are the size of standard gauge wagons, and can be used with the HO engines like Thomas, Percy and Duck. It would be the same tooling, just bigger, big enough to run on HO/OO track, and would be scale accurate with the HO engines.

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on January 26, 2016, 09:18:07 PM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 26, 2016, 01:15:56 PM
That's exactly the range ClrwtrMk2 meant though...he's saying that the Open Wagon and Box Vans from these Narrow Gauge wagons should be "scaled up" as it were, so that they are the size of standard gauge wagons, and can be used with the HO engines like Thomas, Percy and Duck. It would be the same tooling, just bigger, big enough to run on HO/OO track, and would be scale accurate with the HO engines.

~Alex

This exactly what I want. A HO Mainline Gauge of the China Clay Wagon.

Chaz

Even though these are not official Bachmann announcements, I wanted to share these recent announcements from Peco as these add more rolling stock possibilities for the narrow gauge range at the 2016 Toy Fair.

They are doing a slate wagon as well as a side-tipping skip wagon:

They don't look bad at all and I think they would be welcome additions in the Thomas range, along with their GVT coaches repainted in Skarloey colors.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #199 By Chaz: To be honest with you, if Bachmann where able to get he tooling for these from PECO, Bachmann could easily turn them (With more appropriate paint colours) into Thomas & Friends Wagon's. The detail and the quality look of them look exactly what Bachmann produce, in their Thomas & Friends HO/OO Gauge range.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 27, 2016, 02:57:17 PM
^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #199 By Chaz: To be honest with you, if Bachmann where able to get he tooling for these from PECO, Bachmann could easily turn them (With more appropriate paint colours) into Thomas & Friends Wagon's. The detail and the quality look of them look exactly what Bachmann produce, in their Thomas & Friends HO/OO Gauge range.
You do understand, Jacob, that you don't need to respond to every single post anyone makes. We all know that Bachmann could "easily turn them (With more appropriate paint colours) into Thomas & Friends Wagon's."; you don't need to say it yourself! That was the whole point of Chaz's post!

This constant repeat of ideas is really becoming quite cumbersome, and while I do respect your opinion and your right to say your ideas, we all know what you think. You don't need to say your thoughts over and over again, expecting to get a different response. If I remember the old saying correctly, that itself is the definition of insanity. So please, just give it a rest, could you? It's really annoying, if we're all being very honest, and I'm sure many other members would agree, although none of us ever say anything to avoid being rude.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: RyanGNR on January 28, 2016, 09:10:49 AM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 27, 2016, 02:57:17 PM
You do understand, Jacob, that you don't need to respond to every single post anyone makes. We all know that Bachmann could "easily turn them (With more appropriate paint colours) into Thomas & Friends Wagon's."; you don't need to say it yourself! That was the whole point of Chaz's post!

This constant repeat of ideas is really becoming quite cumbersome, and while I do respect your opinion and your right to say your ideas, we all know what you think. You don't need to say your thoughts over and over again, expecting to get a different response. If I remember the old saying correctly, that itself is the definition of insanity. So please, just give it a rest, could you? It's really annoying, if we're all being very honest, and I'm sure many other members would agree, although none of us ever say anything to avoid being rude.

I respond to what most people post because I am interested in what has been posted. I am interested in everything that gets posted in the Thomas & Friends thread.

I am sorry RyanGNR (Now known as Racing James!) and everybody else. I am sorry for wasting everybody's time in this Forum and it is time I leave and make my depart from this Forum for good.

I do not mean to upset people, but it look I have and I am deeply sorry for it. It is time for me to delete my account now. I am upset I get told off like this. :'(

Chaz

If you want to delete your account, then that should be your your own personal call.  Posting that you want to delete your account and getting this worked up over a Thomas forum just comes off as attention-seeking, as well as going completely off topic with what's in hand.

The decision is up to you at the end of the day, but as I said earlier, we really should try to stay on topic.

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: Chaz on January 28, 2016, 10:24:22 AM
If you want to delete your account, then that should be your your own personal call.  Posting that you want to delete your account and getting this worked up over a Thomas forum just comes off as attention-seeking, as well as going completely off topic with what's in hand.

The decision is up to you at the end of the day, but as I said earlier, we really should try to stay on topic.

Absolutely correct. Don't delete your account because of my thoughts and to try to get attention. Now, if you please, back to the topic.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow