Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akodenski

I would aboslutley love to see Bachman make Rheneas,Peter Sam, and Duncan this year for the narrow gauge railway.

Shawn

Honestly, this year I've never been so stumped by what they will produce...

Titanic5972

I'm looking forward to the announcements. I'm imagining we will definitely see a 2nd narrow gauge loco, and hopefully Daisy. Daisy is a loco and rolling stock in one package lol.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: UPTODAY on February 07, 2016, 03:55:50 PM
Alex, is that picture with the little blue coaches a cog railway. i cant believe a regular steamer could make it up that grade!!!
UPTODAY
I remember reading somewhere that the camera was tilted to give it that effect, but I don't recall where, and the TTTE Wikia doesn't seem to mention it. This extends to the Standard Gauge engines as well, I remember reading that the Standard Gauge engines could barely make it up Gordon's Hill in Season 1 unaided, which makes sense given you can see wires pulling them up Gordon's Hill in some shots if you look close enough.

Side note: Sadly that episode ("You Can't Win") is the fourth episode of the fourth season, which on its own isn't sad, but it is sad when one remembers that it was the last time Duke had a speaking role all to himself...this episode aired in 1996 as well...quite some time ago...

Whilst we're on the topic of this year's Narrow Gauge releases, I'd like to say that I'm not sure how they'd make a model of Duncan given his CGI scaling, he's underscaled next to the other engines and his real life counterpart, Douglas. Call me crazy but I imagine getting Skarloey's motor in his boiler would've already been a tight squeeze, a CGI scaled Duncan would be a nightmare by comparison.

Given how closely Skarloey was modeled off Tallylyn, I personally hope Duncan is modelled closer to his real life counterpart "Douglas" than his CGI model. Though all that may just be a "pipe-dream" of sorts...but it is still a personal hope of mine to see Duncan closer to this:

Than this:

But that's just me, I don't speak for everyone.

~Alex

thomasj219

I still can't believe the announcments are so close, feels like yesterday Skarloey was announced. Time flies.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Jacob Wilson

^^^^^ Above 5 Replies - @Reply #310 By Akodenski: Yes, Bachmann releasing Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Rusty and Duncan is what we need, but with the Narrow Gauge range only launching last year, it hard to hear that Bachmann will release three Narrow Gauge Locomotive's in one year, never mind two!

^^^ Above 3 Replies - @Reply #312 By Titanic5972: Yes, I agree! We do need Dasiy. Bo-Co has also just sprung to mind and we need him as well!

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #313 By AJW98Productions: I am shocked to hear that! Why did the producers of Thomas & Friends include a big hill like Gordon's Hill, of the Locomotives where not able to go up it, at their own accord?

I agree with you Alex. I would like Duncan to be released how he seen with all those pipes in the CGI series, but due to delicacy of it, they may produce Duncan to the model era of him.

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #314 By thomasj219: Yes, it just does feel like yesterday from when Skarloey was announced. I am also looking forward to this year's announcements! I would like some new Locomotive's that Hornby have not produced! Please don't let me down Bachmann!

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 09, 2016, 05:14:45 AM
^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #313 By AJW98Productions: I am shocked to hear that! Why did the producers of Thomas & Friends include a big hill like Gordon's Hill, of the Locomotives where not able to go up it, at their own accord?
No idea, I guess a realistic incline wouldn't look all that steep to children, but I really don't know. It could also just be that the original models were not all that powerful, I honestly don't know.

~Alex

Duke

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 07, 2016, 09:20:58 AM
What are the chances of Bachmann releasing Duke? Obviously we need Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Rusty and Duncan to be released first, before Duke, but of course Bachmann need to release other Locomotives, after the main 5 have been released. Unless Bachmann in the future, decide to release Mighty Mac, Freddie, Victor, Luke and Millie that is.

I would love if Duke was released. Take a Guess why  ;D
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

Duke

Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

Jacob Wilson

^^^^ Above 4 Replies - @Reply #316 By AJW98Productions: Where the Locomotives used in the model era TV Series, ever improved so they could go up Gordon's Hill, without being winched up?

MeganekkoFury1126

The most probable reason the engines, which were in 1:32 or Number One gauge, couldn't negotiate the grade was it was just too steep. Almost all model trains I've had experience with can't negotiate more than 2 or 3% grades. Pushing it at 4% or more is asking for slippage.

Grade percentage is measured in how much of height the grade increases is for every 100 units. For example, a 2% grade raises 2 inches for every 100 inches. At least that's how it's done in model railroading.

But back to the narrow gauge engines, it'll be interesting to see how Duncan (my most favorite narrow gauge engine) comes out when he eventually gets made. Yes, it certainly would be tricky fitting all the internal components inside. I didn't realize until recently just how skinny Duncan is compared to the others. We'll just have to see how the other characters get made. Personally, I'm most looking forward to see how they make Peter Sam with his special funnel.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #321 By MeganekkoFury1126: Yes, I do find model railway locomotive's do not travel up hill's very well.

How do you know that Bachmann will produce Peter Sam with his special funnel? I would Bachman to do this, but he MIGHT be fitted with his round funnel. Who knows what Bachmann will do!

MeganekkoFury1126

Because it's like the chances of making Henry in his old shape. More people are familiar with Peter Sam with his new funnel because 1) it's what he's most known for and 2) he's appeared much more often with it. Peter Sam only had his old conventional funnel in 10 episodes.

JLK2707

Fair enough mate. But the wooden railways range made Peter sam with his original funnel.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: JLK2707 on February 09, 2016, 10:57:29 PM
Fair enough mate. But the wooden railways range made Peter sam with his original funnel.
To be fair, they made just about every product under the sun though, if Bachmann tried to mimic Learning Curve's release schedule, they'd find themselves practically bankrupt very quickly. I think MeganekkoFury1126 was quite right on that point, and also about the gradients (putting it in a way better than I could've dreamed of putting it). :)

Quote from: MeganekkoFury1126 on February 09, 2016, 11:38:00 AM
But back to the narrow gauge engines, it'll be interesting to see how Duncan (my most favorite narrow gauge engine) comes out when he eventually gets made. Yes, it certainly would be tricky fitting all the internal components inside. I didn't realize until recently just how skinny Duncan is compared to the others. We'll just have to see how the other characters get made. Personally, I'm most looking forward to see how they make Peter Sam with his special funnel.
Duncan's prototype is a very skinny engine too, but his CGI model is even more so than either classic series or his real life counterpart...so I think it could be hard for his model to match his CGI scaling, let alone his earlier scaling, but given how closely Skarloey matches Tallylyn (going so far as having rivet patterns that match Tallylyn instead of his CGI counterpart), it could be probable that Bachmann would manufacture Duncan's body to match his prototype (Douglas), closer than his CGI model. But that's just a thought...

~Alex