News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez track

Started by crash, August 02, 2016, 01:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash

About how big a layout can I build without having to run feeder wires using Bachmann EZ track? I want to be sure my trains run smoothly.

jbrock27

The answer is, provide as many feeder wires as you find necessary, given the linear feet of track you have, to have locos run smoothly. 
Keep Calm and Carry On

Len

Quote from: crash on August 02, 2016, 01:38:13 AM
About how big a layout can I build without having to run feeder wires using Bachmann EZ track? I want to be sure my trains run smoothly.

As a general rule, pretty much any layout bigger than a basic train set loop will need additional feeders. More so if you're using steel track.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jbrock27

That adds to the discussion... ::)

Crash Test Dummy, if indeed you are using steel track and are considering expanding your Empire, I would give serious consideration to buying nickel silver track and cease any further purchase of steel track.
Keep Calm and Carry On

crash

Thanks for the info. I am converting my steel track to nickel silver as my wallet allows. Also my track size now is two 4 x8 tops connected by a 4' x  30" section to give it a "U" shape. No feeder wires. I use Bachmann EZ Command power.

jbrock27

Thank you.  I will take all those things you stated as compliments :)

And yes, I must apologize as I did not understand your answer to mean that.  I thought you were insinuating alot had been said but an  answer to  the question was somehow being avoided.  I now see that was not what you were saying and I am sorry.

Thanks as well for the mechanical kudos.  I had to employ some of that persistence this afternoon while assembling a mountain bike from parts made in China.  I guess the Chinese don't quite understand that if a hex head screw is stripped it makes it difficult to loosen the screw. ::)
Keep Calm and Carry On