News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

tidmouth turntable

Started by UPTODAY, December 18, 2015, 05:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UPTODAY

has anyone out there tried to power the tidmouth turntable??looks like maybe the atlas ho turntable motor might work.
IDEAS?????
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on December 18, 2015, 05:53:03 PM
has anyone out there tried to power the tidmouth turntable??looks like maybe the atlas ho turntable motor might work.
IDEAS?????
UPTODAY

I do not own the Bachmann Tidmouth Sheds, but what sort of power function does the Turntable use? Does it have a lever of some sort to move it around, by hand?

thomasj219

Yes, there is a round green knob to turn the table by hand. 
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: thomasj219 on December 18, 2015, 09:40:57 PM
Yes, there is a round green knob to turn the table by hand. 

Does the round green knob feel cheap and nasty, and that it might break if you are not careful with it?

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 19, 2015, 04:59:56 AM
Does the round green knob feel cheap and nasty, and that it might break if you are not careful with it?
My local model store had a demonstration model out on display once, the man let me turn the knob and look it over as I was considering buying it at the time...then I realised I didn't quite have enough for it anyway, but the man was very kind. Anyway more to the point; the knob felt quite sturdy and didn't feel like it would brake off if treated with proper care.

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on December 19, 2015, 05:49:55 AM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 19, 2015, 04:59:56 AM
A model store I was in once had a demonstration model out on display once, the man let me turn the knob and look it over as I was considering buying it at the time...then I realised I didn't quite have enough for it anyway, but the man was very kind. Anyway more to the point; the knob felt quite sturdy and didn't feel like it would brake off if treated with proper care.

~Alex

OK, thanks for that Alex. I wouldn't mind a Bachman Tidmouth Sheds, but I didn't have the space for it, and I am not sure my OO Gauge Hornby Thomas & Friends Locomotives would fit in it anyway.

AJW98Productions

Considering that, from memory, the turntable is only just big enough for a Bachmann Spencer, I'd say so...but the sheds themselves really are quite nice...though granted I no longer have a layout and may not for a little while, so I have time to weigh up my choices, as I also own 2 A4's, an A1 and an A3, none of which would fit on the turntable...however to those who own no locks bigger than say...Bachmann Spencer, I highly recommend the sheds and turntable. Back to the actual topic at hand though, since this digression has strayed from the original purpose of the topic, after a quick Google search it seems that the Tidnouth Turntable is not able to be motorised...from what it would appear anyway, from memory though, Bachmann do produce a nigh-on identical Turntable that can be motorised in their regular HO range, from memory at least...I am happy to be corrected if that is wrong though.

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on December 19, 2015, 07:40:39 AM
Considering that, from memory, the turntable is only just big enough for a Bachmann Spencer, I'd say so...but the sheds themselves really are quite nice...though granted I no longer have a layout and may not for a little while, so I have time to weigh up my choices, as I also own 2 A4's, an A1 and an A3, none of which would fit on the turntable...however to those who own no locks bigger than say...Bachmann Spencer, I highly recommend the sheds and turntable. Back to the actual topic at hand though, since this digression has strayed from the original purpose of the topic, after a quick Google search it seems that the Tidnouth Turntable is not able to be motorised...from what it would appear anyway, from memory though, Bachmann do produce a nigh-on identical Turntable that can be motorised in their regular HO range, from memory at least...I am happy to be corrected if that is wrong though.

~Alex

In that case then, I would have to buy all the Bachmann Thomas Locomotives if I wanted to get Tidmouth Sheds. I do not want all of the Bachmann and Hornby Thomas Locomotives.

UPTODAY

well, i guess i will just use my grand children to power my turntable!!!!!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on December 19, 2015, 01:03:53 PM
well, i guess i will just use my grand children to power my turntable!!!!!
UPTODAY

That's funny that is.

angelo6602

I just set up my tidmouth sheds for the first time but the only track that works is the one that is connected to the layout if I try to put an engine in any other birth there is no power to turn table does anyone know what to do?

plas man

do you have to wire each exit track separate with its own switch ?

my turntable (Atlas) is DCC and half of the tracks are wired +/- and the other half  -/+ the feed track is +/- , the motion of the table reverses polarity (hope this makes sense ?)