News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann geared steamers -pics-

Started by Ken Huck, December 21, 2015, 05:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Huck

Here we go...
Pic 1  All my Bachmann geared steam engines.  Shays on the Mainline coupled together, they can pull every piece of
rolling stock I own...at the same time.

Pic 2  All my Bachmann Climaxes.  The class-A on the turntable is an MDC/Roundhouse kit over a Bachmann 44 tonner.
(as per "Geared Steam's" website.)

Pic 3  My little 50-ton two-truck Class A Climax regeared with a parted-out three-truck Climax.

Pic 4  Three of the70-ton three-truck Climaxes...one with a Fungineer.

Pic 5  Bachmann 44-tonner with new Climax body.

Pic 6  One of the Shays.  All of my Shays have been regeared with NWSL metal gears.  They all run like originals.

Pic 7  Not geared but Bachmann.  An Alco 2-6-0 Mogul.

That's all the Bachmann motive power I have, maybe I'll have to get out some 'brass' later...

WoundedBear

Great pics Ken. Looks like you and I have a similar taste in locos. I got geared machines crawling all around my layout as well. I'm in the middle of a Shay weathering at the moment.

Keep posting.

Sid

jonathan

I bow in your general direction.

Wonderful shots! Keep 'em coming.

Regards,

Jonathan

WoundedBear

Here's the paint job and weathering I just finished. This started as a painted/unlettered black model. There's all kinds of techniques in this one. Got everything but an airbrush thrown at it. I need to get my airbrush outta the garage and back into the modeling studio ::)

Anyhow.....enjoy!

Sid

Ken Huck

Sweet !  I haven't been able to 'conquer' the finesse needed to master my airbrush.  Do you have a stencil or decals
for your railroad logo ?

WoundedBear

Ken....about the airbrush.......practice. That's it. Get the thing out and use it. Shoot on cardboard, anything.....just use it and get used to it.

As far as my lettering......I either print my own decals or use dry transfer for simple lettering/numbering jobs. I use Microsoft Publisher to design my graphics and print them on Testor's decal sheets and an inkjet. Publisher lakes it easy to resize a design to fit a certain space.

Sid