DCC EZ-command not working with new rs-3

Started by jameshk, December 22, 2015, 04:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jameshk

Hello, i just bought a new bachmann rs-3 with dcc sound and it is not working with my bachmann dcc ez command system. My two other locos work with the system but the rs-3 does not. The one sound is the omly thing that works. I have it on loco #3 like it says to do im not sure what the problem is. It ran fine at the hobby shop. Please help

jameshk

I just got to work on dc but not dcc.
PLEASE HELP, I appreciate it

Hunt

Have the hobby shop reset the decoder and test run it again.

jameshk

Thanks for the response, is there any other ways to do it? There arent any hobby shops close to me in Los Angeles

Flare

Quote from: jameshk on December 22, 2015, 07:43:40 PM
Thanks for the response, is there any other ways to do it? There arent any hobby shops close to me in Los Angeles

You could put an ad on Craigslist requesting the use of a local's DCC controller that supports resetting decoders.

Hunt

jameshk,

Lets try --- Change to a different address using  the procedure in section REPROGRAMMING DECODERS WITH PREVIOUSLY ASSIGNED DIGITAL ADDRESSES, page 3 in the Setup and Programming Instructions.

If needed -- Click Here   for PDF of the E-Z Command Setup and Programming Instructions

jameshk

That didnt work. Thanks though. Anything else

Hunt

You need to reset the decoder but you can try.

Remove locomotive shell. Locate, pull off and reseat one at a time the black plastic clip holding in place each of the two wires connecting the motor to the circuit board. Be sure the bare end of the wire is in good contact with the solder pad on the circuit board before replacing the clip.

Test run before replacing the shell.

Also, clean the back of all wheels and check the electrical pickups contact to the back of each wheel.  The pickups may need to be adjusted.

Place one drop of Conductive Contact Lube on each wheel tread and back of wheels.

jameshk

Thanks,
What is a good command system that is cheap but still good that will do that? Will it work with the ez track? Anyone know of a good hobby shop in LA?
Thanks
James

jward

there are full featured entry level systems out there, I myself use one. expect to pay about $200 for one.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

bapguy

NCE and Digitrax both have entry level systems that are expandable. Or to get going now if you have a computer, Digitrax sell a PR3 programmer. It hooks up to a computer. You will need JMRI decoder pro software to use it on non Digitrax decoders. JMRI is free.   Joe

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Digitrax-PR3X-Decoder-Programmer-p/dig-pr3xtra.htm
http://jmri.sourceforge.net/download/index.shtml