Stephen Fisher's new On30 Deep Run Railroad

Started by hminky, November 17, 2007, 03:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hminky

We have a web album from our November 17, 2007 visit to Stephen Fisher's new On30 Deep Run Railroad. His old railroad was featured in the November 2007 "Model Railroader" at:

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/deep_run/

Thank you if you visit
Harold

C.S.R.R. Manager

Harold, that's a great set of photos.  Thanks for making them available for the rest of us.  That's a real On30 empire.  I would imagine that last photo, showing the shelves full of On30 locos, warmed the Bach-Man's heart.

I thought MR said that Mr. Fisher's previous layout was On2 1/2 - When did he switch scales to On30?  Just kidding.

David(UK)

Thanks for posting those, Harold.
Steve certainly has been a busy fellah in nbuilding that after his move.
I was wondering how long it would be before pictures started appearing.
Mind you, they've made me jealous as I won't be able to see it in person until 2009.
CSSR manager,
You aiming to get on the wrong sde of Mr. Fisher?

Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

C.S.R.R. Manager

Not a jab at Mr. Fisher at all -- I have complete respect for his work.  It makes my efforts look puny by comparison.  The On2 1/2 comment was actually directed at Model Railroader, and their editorial policy regarding "On30," since MR covered his previous layout in a recent issue.  But this "On30" topic has been discussed at length at other sites, and I really didn't intend to start it here.

hminky

Quote from: C.S.R.R. Manager on November 19, 2007, 01:49:08 PM
Not a jab at Mr. Fisher at all -- I have complete respect for his work.  It makes my efforts look puny by comparison.  The On2 1/2 comment was actually directed at Model Railroader, and their editorial policy regarding "On30," since MR covered his previous layout in a recent issue.  But this "On30" topic has been discussed at length at other sites, and I really didn't intend to start it here.

I could never understand what the stink is over the designation, I would prefer 1/4n16.5, but who am I.

Any press is good press, who really cares what some magazine calls the gauge/scale combo. My Deep River run album is the most visited On30 event I have published, 839 visits at last count. The highest On30 album before that was about 300 a couple of years ago.

Harold

Royce Wilson

GREAT LAYOUT! ::)

BTW, MR uses the term HOn30 instead of HOn2 1/2.

What gives with that. maybe we need to spending our money on other magazines like,LID(Light Iron Digest) and RMC,the Craftsman, its a better written magazine anyway.
The only time I read MR is in the grocery store while the wife shops.

This is not a case of being too sensitive, but a case of pure disrespect. >:(

It just cuts down on confusion for beginers, kinda like the Fn3 scale thing in the beginning. most of us did not know the difference between G scale and F scale, but due to the hard work of some folks they now have the respect  and new converts.

This is a hobby and we need to support all scales from Z to F PERIOD! >:(

just a thought ::) 8) ;D :)
                                          Royce

kendoitall

I think of MR as an HO magazine. Light Iron Digest and the Gazette are all I read mostly, even though I have RMC and MR subscriptions. Once they run out, fugetaboutit.

Ken
Standards? STANDARDS? We don't need no stinking standards!