News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Missouri Pacific

Started by tex49, December 24, 2015, 01:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tex49

I am new to the RR community and can't find anything from Missouri Pacific line. Are there none available?

Desertdweller

I am not aware what is currently available in N scale, but there were models available in the past that you may still find on the market, either as New Old Stock or used.  I do not recall any available from Bachmann.

In view of that, perhaps I can mention some that were (and possibly still are) available from other builders.
These are in my own collection, which is both geographically and era-specific, and heavily weighted toward passenger operations (after all, you can't model everything).

Diesel Locomotives:

Con-Cor:  PA1.
Life-Like (now marketed by Walthers) E-8A; FA-2; BL-2.

Passenger Cars:

Con-Cor: streamlined, smooth-side: full baggage; RPO-baggage; coach; dining car; sleeper (6-6-4?); dome coach; teardrop observation.
Kato: Slumbercoach "Southland".  Lettered for MP.  Part of 4-car Slumbercoach set (1 MP; 1 B&O; 2 NP).

Freight cars:

Atlas: (I think) 40'box; 50'box; 80'box; 50'TOFC flat; cupola caboose.

I am sure there are/were many more.  Check manufacturers' listings, hobby shops, train shows.

Les

Brewman

Missouri Pacific offerings for N scale are pretty slim. Your best bet is eBay or a train show. I bought a set a couple of years ago. It may have been offered by ConCor but it is a Life Like E8 with three passenger cars. I think some other manufacturers, maybe BLI, have made some locomotives in recent years.

Trainman203

plas man

Bachmann did a 2-8-0 some time ago , not decoder fitted .

spookshow

It really depends on what exactly it is you're looking for. Freight cars? Passenger Cars? Cabooses? Diesel locomotives? Steam locomotives? FWIW, doing a search on the Walthers website yields 5 pages worth of stuff under "N scale" and "Missouri Pacific".

Cheers,
-Mark

Trainman203

Quote from: spookshow on December 26, 2015, 08:30:09 AM
, doing a search on the Walthers website yields 5 pages worth of stuff under "N scale" and "Missouri Pacific".

Cheers,
-Mark

When you narrow it down to what's available now, and what is advance reservation, though, it gets pretty small.  Many are the past MoPac riches that ain't there no more.

You forgot, however, get a clue as to what "was" made and what to look for.

In kalmbach's annual " Great Model Railroads" a few years ago, someone did a nice N scale early 60's MP layout set around Little Rock.