News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Acela Amtrak Problems

Started by 88junior, December 26, 2015, 12:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

88junior

My 10 year old got an HO scale Acela Amtrak for Christmas. Got everything put together and nothing happens. The lights in the cars and dummy engine light up but the engine does nothing. The manual says there is an internal switch for rail or pantograph operation but I cant get the body off and I dont want to break the thing. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

jward

do you have the track connected to the dc terminals on the controller?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

88junior

The track is connected just like the instructions listed. Only one wire to connect and Ive checked it several times. I even watched the supplied DVD in hopes of finding something I missed. No luck.

thewizard

I believe the switch is under a roof detail.

As far as the power goes, if the other cars light up the track is getting power. Do you have another engine you can test with?

Billm10454

There is access at the top rear. There is a small raised box. Remove the top and there is a slide switch inside.

Billm10454

88junior

Thanks for the replies. I located the switch under the small roof hatch at the rear of the engine. I never thought to pop that open and look for the switch. Rookie mistake I guess. My kid is happy once again.