programming instructions for the Bachmann Spectrum 4-4-0 loco (DCC)

Started by iowaboy, December 21, 2015, 08:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iowaboy

Got this (bachmann item 80101 as a gift.  It is DCC ready (equipped) and printed insert within the box says it  is 100  per cent backwards-compatible with Standard DC.  BE SURE TO READ THE MANUFACTURERE'S PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS.   There are no instructions in the package.  Where can I find them?   I have a DC layout.   I connected the plugs from the tender to the loco and inserted the loco's pin into the tender's device.  Headlight  comes on with power from MRC 1200 DC power pack, but no movement.   WHERE can I find "programming instructions?   Seems like this locomotive should run on a DC layout.   Am I missing something here?   Do I have to remove pins from the tender?  Insert "dummy plugs?"   (I Checked all FAQ and ran a search but could not find a responsive thread.)

Vizzin72

http://www.soundtraxx.com/factory/OEM_pages/bachmann/ho_modern4-4-0.pdf

I believe this is your engine.  I have this engine and I ran it on dcc it ran fine.  The default cv 29 is set to 6 which should allow it to run on dc track.  If you bought it used maybe someone had it set to 2 which would have turned this function off I believe.

iowaboy

Thank you for the response.  I found that I had not secured the pin properly.  One of the pins was bent slightly.   After gently straightening that problem it runs fine.   I appreciate your response.