Noch Rosenheim Using Bachmann E-Z Track?

Started by atlucas, January 04, 2016, 04:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atlucas

Hi, 

I would like to use a preformed layout base from Noch for my layout.  The layout I am particularly interested in is the Noch Rosenheim layout.  I understand the radii of the curves are tight on this layout (approximately 15"), but I just don't have enough space for a larger layout and would really like to not start from scratch.  Ideally, I would prefer to use Bachmann E-Z track.  Noch provides layout plans using: Markin C, Marklin K, Fleischmann Profi, Piko A, Roco geoLine, and Trix C, but not any using American Standard brands.  If I have to I will use Trix C, but would really prefer Bachmann.

I would like to convert one of these other manufacturer's plans to E-Z track, but E-Z track doesn't offer "curved turnouts".  I think it may be possible to use regular turnouts by adjusting the design slightly, but I don't yet own the layout base and don't want to purchase a bunch of track for a trial-and-error fit.  I'm wondering if there is a way to convert one of these other manufacturer's layout designs to E-Z track to fit on this pre-formed layout?  I believe that this design would be of benefit to both Bachmann and Noch from a business perspective, and it is possible that someone has already done it.

Any thoughts?  Thanks for the help.

Tom 

Len

The Noch preformed layout is designed for use with the track systems you mentioned. They use very tight curves, with metric radii that don't convert very easily to standard US curves. Trying to force US type curves into the preformed layout is an exercise in frustraction (been there, done that).

If you really want to use that layout, save yourself some hassle and use one of the track systems it's designed for. If you really want to use EZ-Track, forget the preformed layout and build your own. It's not really that hard.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

if you are space challenged as I believe you are, maybe a better solution would be n scale.

terrain for trains makes preformed layouts designed to fit American track.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA