News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Walk Around Companion

Started by plint, January 25, 2016, 06:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

Is this still sold out and not to be seen again??      It's been a while so I'm thinking it's gone for good or did I miss some news??    Probably all the attention is on the App now.
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

Hunt

plint,
It is time to be considering if an E-Z Command Smart Interface will fulfill your train control requirements or if you should be evaluating DCC systems to replace your E-Z Command Control Center.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/docs/E_Z_Command_Smart_Interface.pdf

If your focus is Walk Around Companion,  then look to EBay and like sites.

HoModeler

Or you could add another Command controler to another section of your layout.... I have 2 DCC cab controlers on my layout...

Hunt

Quote from: HoModeler on January 29, 2016, 06:12:30 AM

Or you could add another Command controler to another section of your layout.... I have 2 DCC cab controlers on my layout...

HoModeler,
I would never recommend using more than one DCC command station on the same layout! Perhaps you have omitted some key information...

Are you using two Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center (Item # 44902) on your layout? If so, how is the part controlled by one E-Z Command Control Center isolated from the part controlled by the second E-Z Command Control Center?

If you are not using Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center specifically identify what you are using.

HoModeler

I am using NCE DCC system... I have my layout powered by 2 NCE Cab controller's & a NCE 5 AMP Smart Booster...

Hunt

Quote from: HoModeler on January 31, 2016, 06:34:18 PM

I am using NCE DCC system... I have my layout powered by 2 NCE Cab controller's & a NCE 5 AMP Smart Booster...

HoModeler,

DCC powered track can only have one DCC command station connected to it.

In your set up, the NCE 5 AMP Smart Booster is the command station and the Power Cab is functioning only a Cab (throttle) with its built in command station mode not being used. That is the reason you have to use the coiled cord and not the flat cable to connect the Power Cab to the Smart Booster.

Your suggestion to add a second E-Z Command Control Center in place of the Walk Around Companion would have resulted in one or both E-Z Command Control Centers being damaged beyond use.

jward

thank you hunt for that clarification.

for the rest of you out there. please be careful to post answers only to questions you have some knowledge about. some on here feel the need to post replies to anything and everything. if you are one of those please be aware that, as in this case, posting about subjects you have little knowledge of can lead to significant and irreparable harm to somebody else's layout.

given homodeller's situation, the nce power cabs are stand alone dcc systems out of the box, but can be set up as slave throttles when used with a larger command station/booster. this is the configuration he is using them in, a fact that he neglected to mention in his post. this is also something that I don't believe is possible with ez command. had the original poster plint followed this advise with two ez commands, he would probably have destroyed one or both of them.

PLEASE, be careful what you post.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA