Bachmann White Christmas Express 4-6-0 locomotive no smoke or sound

Started by gica, February 14, 2016, 12:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gica

Hello everyone, I need some help on this matter the train runs fine but there is no sound or smoke even though it clearly states on the box that it is suppose to have the two. SO if anyone can point me in the right direction on diagnosing the issue I'd really appreciate it.

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

Hunt

Assuming you have a Bachmann Big Haulers large scale train set

Click Here   for instructions.
   Refer to page 11, section SMOKE UNIT/POLARITY SWITCH OPERATION
   Refer to page 12, section SPEED-SYNCHRONIZED SOUND SYSTEM OPERATION

This information not help then contact the Bachmann Service. 
  Click Here for Service Department Policies and Contact Information

RkyGriz

You didn't state in your post if you placed a fresh 9 volt battery in the battery compartment in the rear of the tender. There is a on-off switch for the sound. It is red and located on the rear of the locomotive just above the hook for the tender. Pull the stack off to look in and see if the heating unit is standing upright in the reservoir. It will not work if it's laying sideways. What kind of and how many drops of smoke fluid did you place in the reservoir? I use Bachmann smoke fluid and add no more than 10-15 drops of it in my Anniversary Edition Big Haulers. More than that and it will splatter all over your locomotive. Finally, did you open the front boiler door and make sure that the switch ( labeled smoke) is in the on position/ Check all of that and if it still doesn't work, call Bachmann customer service at 800-356-3910.
I hope this has helped!
Andrew