Searching for Large Scale Durango & Silverton Passenger Cars

Started by Plow_Bender, January 07, 2016, 03:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Oles

I'd also recommend keeping the second locomotive.  You can paint it a different scheme, too!

Plow_Bender

Hey guys,
I've got another question in relation to another locomotive.  I didn't want to post another thread, so I figured I'd ask in an existing one.

I noticed that Bachmann's Lyn locomotive (item number 91196) was not in the 2016 catalog.  Does this mean that Bachmann has discontinued it?  This is the one I am referring to.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

Loco Bill Canelos

Rusty,

In the past, when stocks got low and another run of a specific item was not planned, Bachmann does take an item out of the catalog.  There may well be some stock available at dealers though, maybe Bachmann still have a few dealers can order.  Best to check ASAP with your dealer. Robbie at RLDhobbies.com could tell you.  Check his site and call him at his 800 number.  The other three versions are still in the catalog which usually means that dealers can still get them.   Always best if you want one to get it while they are still in the catalog.  If you want the Lyn it is best to hunt one down as soon as possible from a stocking dealer like Trainworld, and similar dealers if the warehouse is out of stock.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!