News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams GP30 issues.

Started by SJC, January 07, 2016, 06:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJC

Recently picked one of these up.

Really impressed at the tooling on this engine and the sounds. Showed this to a friend of mine that didn't believe me when I said it was a Williams engine!

Immediately out of the box, I had the wiring harness and connectors wrapped around the flywheel. Glad it made a lot of noise before I ran it much! I also have the issue of it squeaking as it stopped, which I've brought up on the forum before. Oiled everything up, still there.  I've also seen this happen on older Williams engines both mine and a friends. Actually, I still hear a faint squeal/squeak as it goes down the track, which really concerns me. Anyone hear/see this? Any tips? This engine has been well lubricated per Bachmann instructions. 

Anyone else with these issues? Don't want to send it back - having had cab rides and even operated a real GP30, I've been wanting one for a while. Any tips on the squeaking?

Also have noticed small arcs from the non-traction tired wheels (lead and trailing axle if I recall correctly). Also have noticed this on a newer MTH engine. Any ideas on this? Cleaned the track with no change. Remember this is a new out of the box engine and the wheels are clean as well. I don't see this on any other engines. Could I have a bad ground somewhere? If I had a bad ground, wouldn't all engines be affected? I've seen this on various loops on my layout (not connected to each other) leading me to believe it is more engine related than track/wiring related.

Below is a video, hopefully it will play. Did it on my iPhone and appears to work fine on my computer. Not much to see as it is really to document the squeak. EDIT - Can't get video to post. Video is on OGR forum. See link HERE ->http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/williams-gp30-issues?reply=48452550543579451#48452550543579451