Decoder settings in new retooled 4-4-0 Americans

Started by Dogman01, January 11, 2016, 11:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogman01

I model late 1800's and was happy to see that Bachmann released some retooled versions of their 4-4-0 Old Time Americans.  I purchased one and am, for the most part, pleased with what Bachmann has done.  However, I do not like the whistle sound that was factory programmed.  Is there a CV list somewhere showing how to change settings?

Hopefully there will be enough interest in these locomotives and we will see more rolling stock and locomotives from that era.

Thanks!

Hunt

The list of supported CVs and their default value for the Sound Value  HO new retooled 4-4-0 American locomotive will in future be posted on the Bachmann Industries page of the SoundTraxx website.    Click Here to open it.

For now,
CV 115 Whistle Selection, valid values are 0, 1 and 2.  0 is the default value. You can try each of the three values and pick the whistle you prefer from the three.

CV 129 Whistle Volume Control, valid values 0 through 255. Read CV 129 to determine default value, which may be the maximum volume, a value of 255

Hunt

Quote from: Hunt on January 11, 2016, 04:01:39 PM
. . .
For now,
CV 115 Whistle Selection, valid values are 0, 1 and 2.  0 is the default value. You can try each of the three values and pick the whistle you prefer from the three.

. . .

Update

Per a Yardmaster reply today,  the CV 115 default value is 1.

Texianbear54

Thanks for posting that.  But I looked at the list and did not see a setting for momentum.  Is it possible to set momentum with these?

Thanks,

Doug Weiskopf

Hunt

Doug,
Per Bachmann HO 4-4-0 Sound Value Equipped document

CV 3    Baseline Acceleration Rate with factory default  6
CV 4    Baseline Deceleration Rate with factory default  5

Trainman203

Reset cv 3 to 100 and 4 to 50 for more prototypical performance. Half of each if you want more instant control.

rogertra

Down load JMRI and use that to adjust CVs   No need to know what CV you need to adjust, just go through the JMRI menu and find what you want to adjust, sound volume, speed, chuff rate, whatever and JMRI knows what CV to adjust.  I have use JMRI for several years and don't have a clue what CV does what and I don't care because I don't have to know.

Cheers.

Roger T.

Hunt

Quote from: rogertra on May 28, 2018, 03:05:15 PM
Down load JMRI and use that to adjust CVs   . . .

Caveat - JMRI DecoderPro cannot be used with some DCC systems.  It cannot be used with Bachmann DCC system,
  E-Z Command Control Center (Item No. 44902)
     or
  E-Z Command Dynamis (Item No. 36505)

rogertra

Quote from: Hunt on May 28, 2018, 03:50:06 PM
Quote from: rogertra on May 28, 2018, 03:05:15 PM
Down load JMRI and use that to adjust CVs   . . .

Caveat - JMRI DecoderPro cannot be used with some DCC systems.  It cannot be used with Bachmann DCC system,
  E-Z Command Control Center (Item No. 44902)
     or
  E-Z Command Dynamis (Item No. 36505)

Sorry, should have pointed that out.  JMRI is for the, how to out thus tactfully, non entry level DCC control systems.  Systems like Digitrax and NCE for example.

Cheers

Roger T.