Bachmann Thomas 2020 Detailed Letter

Started by Cheeky_ULP, June 27, 2019, 09:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

A few months ago, I wrote a detailed list of suggestions for Bachmann Trains to make in 2020. Sadly, I never received a follow-up email to the letter. I put lot of research into this letter, and figure it'd be fair to share it with people on social media. I even designed and suggested new product ideas, and various designs and details of said product ideas was included in the document. You can read the letter here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MVCBnSqbOlkVK1spfOzsEymHQeKNQKYe/view

Kemptown Branch

I think it's a very well thought out and spoken letter. I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of a response from Bachmann; they probably wouldn't be able to reveal whether or not they decide to take these considerations because then people would have knowledge of probable announcements before they are made and people wouldn't be surprised. It's also possible that they could be working out some sort of compromise with Mattel, who would probably still want Bachmann to make bright and colorful rolling stock regardless of the anniversary. Only time will tell, but I think a lot of options you mentioned could have a chance at being made.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

TrainshockeylifE

In my opinion, if all of us Thomas fans emailed Bachmann similar suggestions, they would 100% listen to them if everyone wants the same model.

TerencetheTractor525

Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Chaz

Have you sent a follow-up email asking if they received the letter from you?  It's possible that the email automatically got sent in their spam folder by mistake.  Especially when the attached document is over 40 pages long.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Chaz on June 28, 2019, 10:16:20 PM
Have you sent a follow-up email asking if they received the letter from you?  It's possible that the email automatically got sent in their spam folder by mistake.  Especially when the attached document is over 40 pages long.
The main email was answered by Customer Service and was supposedly sent to the production team, but I never heard any sort of follow up beyond that. Either way, I still had fun writing it up and making all the mock-up products.

JLK2707

Really? Just how long did it take for you to make up all that stuff?

Angelob6660

It was a very interesting reading. It took me two days to read three if I were relaxed.

It was a very solid letter to the company for more merchandise. I believe they'll probably make LBSC Thomas and black James maybe without that shocked/ surprised face. He's face needs the crows feet.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Titanic5972

A very well thought out and detailed letter. It would definitely be nice to see daisy in model form.