News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Acquisitions

Started by Titanic5972, January 14, 2016, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UPTODAY

MY GOAL IS TO BUY THREE OF EVERY WAGON!!!!THREE RED MAIL WAGONS,and only one of the coachs with names,and only one each of the engines.All Bachmann Range!!!!
I might have to get a job mowing lawns or something,so I can catch up with MR. WILSON!!!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 22, 2016, 10:05:56 PM
MY GOAL IS TO BUY THREE OF EVERY WAGON!!!!THREE RED MAIL WAGONS,and only one of the coachs with names,and only one each of the engines.All Bachmann Range!!!!
I might have to get a job mowing lawns or something,so I can catch up with MR. WILSON!!!
UPTODAY

I employ a similar system too. I get x3 of every Wagon, but not with Wagon's like the Troublesome Trucks, S.C.Ruffey, Breakdown Crane's and Circus Wagon's. I only get one of each of these.

Maybe you need to get a job of a newspaper boy to get some pocket money, but you may look a bit odd doing this as a 69-year-old man!

UPTODAY

Hi,everyone,still thinking on the James front truck derailment,probably better look back in the previous threads.
PERPLEXED IN PORTLAND,
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 23, 2016, 01:50:15 PM
Hi,everyone,still thinking on the James front truck derailment,probably better look back in the previous threads.
PERPLEXED IN PORTLAND,
UPTODAY

I have heard that Bachmann are going to re-design James in 2017, so if this happens, maybe Bachmann will sort this front bogie out on James. You would think Bachmann will anyway!

AJW98Productions

PERPLEXED IN PORTLAND,
UPTODAY
I think I can assist here, I have a friend who has a Bachmann James. In James's front bogey, there's a spring underneath the screw that holds the bogey in place, unscrew the bogey completely, remove the spring and then re-screw the bogey back in place. The bogey itself should now move much more freely, provided the screw has not been over-tightened. This should solve the derailing problem.

Best of luck,
~Alex

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on January 23, 2016, 01:58:38 PM
PERPLEXED IN PORTLAND,
UPTODAY
I think I can assist here, I have a friend who has a Bachmann James. In James's front bogey, there's a spring underneath the screw that holds the bogey in place, unscrew the bogey completely, remove the spring and then re-screw the bogey back in place. The bogey itself should now move much more freely, provided the screw has not been over-tightened. This should solve the derailing problem.

Best of luck,
~Alex

Good useful information here Alex (AJW98Productions), but why would Bachmann fit a spring that courses James' front bogie to derail?

AJW98Productions

I imagine the spring was fitted to prevent the front bogey from moving too freely, worrying it could "flop around" as such and break. Edward, Henry, Gordon and Spencer don't have this feature though, I imagine Bachmann decided to strengthen the drawbars that hold in the bogeys instead of using a spring to hold the bogeys in place.

I feel this has strayed a little from this topic's intended course, anyone else have any new acquisitions to speak of?

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on January 23, 2016, 02:08:33 PM
I imagine the spring was fitted to prevent the front bogey from moving too freely, worrying it could "flop around" as such and break. Edward, Henry, Gordon and Spencer don't have this feature though, I imagine Bachmann decided to strengthen the drawbars that hold in the bogeys instead of using a spring to hold the bogeys in place.

I feel this has strayed a little from this topic's intended course, anyone else have any new acquisitions to speak of?

~Alex

Maybe Bachmann fitted this spring when they designed James back in 2002 as they thought it would help. Clearly not though. Of course, Thomas, Percy and James where the first 3 Locomotives in the Bachmann released in the Thomas & Friends HO/00 Gauge range, so I guess they where not sure how to design them correctly back then.

UPTODAY

thanks,Alex for the info on my new acquisition!!!I will try that remedy before days end.MY new milk tanker is very handsome,but I must buy two more according to you know hooooo!!!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

UPTODAY

also,my next ORDER will be PERCY,two red mail cars,And a brake van,which I may repaint dark brown.
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 23, 2016, 02:43:00 PM
thanks,Alex for the info on my new acquisition!!!I will try that remedy before days end.MY new milk tanker is very handsome,but I must buy two more according to you know hooooo!!!
UPTODAY

That must clearly be to do with me Steve (UPTODAY), comparing our collections!

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 23, 2016, 02:47:10 PM
also,my next ORDER will be PERCY,two red mail cars,And a brake van,which I may repaint dark brown.
UPTODAY

How can you not have a Percy? Which Thomas Locomotives do you own?

You are not going to paint the Brake Van Purple then?!

UPTODAY

THANK YOU ALEX!!!took out that spring and my new acquisition,James,made six laps around the main line with no derailments!!!!!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!!
UPTODAY

PS,JACOB,in my mind ,I have all the locos!!!!!!
(no purple)
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 23, 2016, 03:14:41 PM
THANK YOU ALEX!!!took out that spring and my new acquisition,James,made six laps around the mine line with no derailments!!!!!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!!
UPTODAY

PS,JACOB,in my mind ,I have all the locos!!!!!!
(no purple)

You can't have all the Loco's in your mind!

Titanic5972

I'm planning repainting the red coaches to something closer to what was in the original tv series, more of a mix between BR Bauxite Brown and GWR Indian Red. They look far too bright for my liking.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 23, 2016, 03:14:41 PM
THANK YOU ALEX!!!took out that spring and my new acquisition,James,made six laps around the main line with no derailments!!!!!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!!
UPTODAY
Glad to hear it worked then, best of luck with your other engines :)
Quote from: Titanic5972 on January 23, 2016, 09:05:27 PM
I'm planning repainting the red coaches to something closer to what was in the original tv series, more of a mix between BR Bauxite Brown and GWR Indian Red. They look far too bright for my liking.
Dont forget the light grey (or gray if you prefer) roofs of the coaches.

Also to me in some light, those coaches look a BR Crimson colour...but it depends on the lighting of the shot, as in others they look a bit darker, and I'm assuming they are a little darker too.

Anyway, best of luck, and please post pictures if you can :)

~Alex