News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Acquisitions

Started by Titanic5972, January 14, 2016, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanic5972

Hey all.

I haven't seen a post for new additions to everyone's fleets so I figured I'd start one. My recent additions came in a huge bundle that someone just wanted rid of. About $2000 worth of stuff for $275. Not bad ae. This is the Bachmann HO stuff I got.

Gordon the Big Engine
James the Red Engine
Percy the Little Engine
Salty the Dockside Diesel
Spencer the Silver Streak Engine
Gordon's Brake Coach
Henrietta
Troublesome Truck 1
Troublesome Truck 2
S.C.Ruffey
Flatcar
Sodor Junction Scenery

As well as plenty of other coaches, locomotives, and buildings from Hornby.

What has everyone else picked up recently?

Ryan

Jacob Wilson

Good post. I like this new Thread.

My most recent purchase for the Bachmann Thomas & Friends range was on the 02/11/2015 and they where x2 76038 Red Coach and x1 76039 Red Brake Coach.

My most recent Hornby Thomas & Friends purchase (A present from my Dad really!) arrived yesterday actually (13/01/2016)! It was R9243 Circus Tent No. 3.

Titanic5972

Let's just keep it to Bachmann products.

Kemptown Branch

I got the Bachmann Deluxe Thomas & Friends Special Set for Christmas.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Titanic5972

What's in that one TrainMan2001?

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Titanic5972 on January 14, 2016, 08:59:48 PM
Let's just keep it to Bachmann products.

OK, sorry Titanic5972.

Quote from: Titanic5972 on January 15, 2016, 03:50:45 AM
What's in that one TrainMan2001?

In Bachmann Thomas & Friends 00644 Thomas & Friends Special Train Set, you get:

Thomas the Tank Engine (With Moving Eyes)
Annie Coach
Clarabel Coach
Bertie the Bus
Harold the Helicopter
Sir Topham Hatt
12 Pieces of Curved E-Z Track
3 Pieces of Straight E-Z Track
Power Track
Speed Controller
Illustrated Instruction Manual  

UPTODAY

TITANIC5972,WOW!!!!!what a score that was!Im just getting started. I have THOMAS,ANNIE,CLARABEL,SALTY,6TON WAGON,RASPBERRY TANKER,SALT WAGON,ez track,ATLAS
powered turntable,roundhouse,Clarksville station,and more I have not ordered yet.
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 15, 2016, 08:06:48 PM
TITANIC5972,WOW!!!!!what a score that was!Im just getting started. I have THOMAS,ANNIE,CLARABEL,SALTY,6TON WAGON,RASPBERRY TANKER,SALT WAGON,ez track,ATLAS
powered turntable,roundhouse,Clarksville station,and more I have not ordered yet.
UPTODAY

You will have a lot too post here of your recent purchases Steve (UPTODAY). You have updated me very well by Personal Message's of what you have been buying.

Kemptown Branch

I just bought today the Coal Wagon with Load and Troublesome Truck #1 NIB at a train show.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Titanic5972

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on January 16, 2016, 08:51:27 PM
I just bought today the Coal Wagon with Load and Troublesome Truck #1 NIB at a train show.

Is the coal wagon noticeably heavier than the normal trucks? Wasn't sure if the load is Moulded as part of the truck or removable.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on January 16, 2016, 08:51:27 PM

I know this is off topic here, but is it worth me getting Bachmann Troublesome Truck #1 and Troublesome Truck #2, even though I own Hornby Troublesome Truck 1 and Hornby Troublesome Truck 2?

Titanic5972

Yes it is off topic and yes it is worth getting the Bachmann ones. The Hornby troublesome trucks, along with Toby, Bill, & Ben are hopelessly over scale, to the point of looking ridiculous. Switch to the Bachmann ones. And when you do, post it here.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Titanic5972 on January 17, 2016, 11:49:00 AM
Yes it is off topic and yes it is worth getting the Bachmann ones. The Hornby troublesome trucks, along with Toby, Bill, & Ben are hopelessly over scale, to the point of looking ridiculous. Switch to the Bachmann ones. And when you do, post it here.

I am sorry for being off topic. Yes, I agree Hornby Toby, Bill and Ben where not scaled correctly.

Bachmann with their Troublesome Trucks have used the 7 Plank Open Wagon which is correct, where Hornby have used the basis of another Open Wagon, which is not the correct Wagon.

Do you think it is worth owning Hornby's and Bachmann's Troublesome Trucks 1 and 2?

UPTODAY

Hi everyone,Seems to me you cant have enough troublesome trucks!!!!!#1 and #2 look the same to me ?
STEVE
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 17, 2016, 02:48:40 PM
Hi everyone,Seems to me you cant have enough troublesome trucks!!!!!#1 and #2 look the same to me ?
STEVE

Yes, Hornby and Bachmann Troublesome Trucks 1 and 2 have pretty much the and faces, but you can never have too many.