News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Acquisitions

Started by Titanic5972, January 14, 2016, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kemptown Branch

The coal wagon is pretty much the same weight and the coal is removable.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on January 17, 2016, 03:43:53 PM
The coal wagon is pretty much the same weight and the coal is removable.

I like 77029 Coal Wagon with Load. I have bought 3 of them, as they are very nice. I take the coal load out too sometimes and then you get a nice Green Open Wagon.

Jacob Wilson

I now own x1 Bachmann Thomas & Friends 77018 Green Mail Car / Coach (Utility Wagon).

UPTODAY

Jacob,how many thousands of dollars do I need to spend to catch up with you??????Love those green mail cars!!!!!!!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 20, 2016, 04:06:29 PM
Jacob,how many thousands of dollars do I need to spend to catch up with you??????Love those green mail cars!!!!!!!
UPTODAY

Why are you saying that? I haven't got any dollars as I use pounds, but I don't have many of those either!

Yes, the Green Mail Coaches (Utility Wagon's) are nice. I have decided I am going to get 2 more of them!

SportyPup

Bachmann calls them "Green Mail Coaches" but I call them "Olive Utility Wagons."  I agree with other posters that Bachmann's word choice is more appealing to a general audience, but I think everyone here know what they really are ;)

As far as new acquisitions go, I spent my Christmas budget (plus just a tad more) on Skarloey and giving him a nice long train to pull.  I'll have to wait on the mail cars and anything else, but I mainly wanted to support Bachmann's latest venture and build my new N-Scale layout.

However, I did manage to get four blue open wagons in G scale at a very low price (less than 100 for all four) so I have that going too.  I agree that there can never be too many trucks on a Thomas layout

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: SportyPup on January 20, 2016, 06:55:19 PM
Bachmann calls them "Green Mail Coaches" but I call them "Olive Utility Wagons."  I agree with other posters that Bachmann's word choice is more appealing to a general audience, but I think everyone here know what they really are ;)

As far as new acquisitions go, I spent my Christmas budget (plus just a tad more) on Skarloey and giving him a nice long train to pull.  I'll have to wait on the mail cars and anything else, but I mainly wanted to support Bachmann's latest venture and build my new N-Scale layout.

However, I did manage to get four blue open wagons in G scale at a very low price (less than 100 for all four) so I have that going too.  I agree that there can never be too many trucks on a Thomas layout

I agree Bachmann must have called them Mail Coaches to make them more appealing, but of course it is just a Utility Wagon. I have not looked at it of being an olive colour, but I suppose it an olive colour. Personally I would prefer to be as bright at the prototype image, but I still like it being an olive colour.

I am hoping to get Skarloey soon. Just a bit of advice is that rather venturing into the N Gauge track, I recommend you get PECO's OO-9 Gauge track this is what Bachmann's Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge range is based off and it will be better if you buy the track in this range, rather than in the N Gauge range.

UPTODAY

Jacob,I was complimenting your large collection,wondering what I would have to buy to equal your collection.We seem to have a language barrier.
LAYING TRACK
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 20, 2016, 08:42:23 PM
Jacob,I was complimenting your large collection,wondering what I would have to buy to equal your collection.We seem to have a language barrier.
LAYING TRACK
UPTODAY

Oh, sorry about this Steve (UPTODAY). I do not mean to have a language barrier between me and you and is my Thomas & Friends Collection bigger than yours then?

UPTODAY

NEW !!!! #58743 JAMES THE RED ENGINE,he really runs great!!!and also#77048 milk tank car!!!!slowly building up my T&F collection!!

JUST SAYING
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 22, 2016, 06:56:19 PM
NEW !!!! #58743 JAMES THE RED ENGINE,he really runs great!!!and also#77048 milk tank car!!!!slowly building up my T&F collection!!

JUST SAYING
UPTODAY

Congratulations on these new purchases Steve (UPTODAY). What do you think of James the Red Engine and the Tidmouth Milk Tanker?

UPTODAY

JAMES has a problem with the pilot truck wheels derailing coming into the switch points.Filing down the tip of the switch point helps,but not every time.the milk tanker has a very nice paint job!!!Tryed to get a glass of milk,but the tank was dry!!
UPTODAY

PS,thinking of putting weights on the pilot truck!!!
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 22, 2016, 07:31:46 PM
JAMES has a problem with the pilot truck wheels derailing coming into the switch points.Filing down the tip of the switch point helps,but not every time.the milk tanker has a very nice paint job!!!Tryed to get a glass of milk,but the tank was dry!!
UPTODAY

PS,thinking of putting weights on the pilot truck!!!

Oh, dear. I have heard there are number of faults on Bachmann James the Red Engine.

I like the 'trying to get a glass of milk out of Tidmouth Milk Tanker there! It is very funny Steve (UPTODAY)!

How many Bachmann Tidmouth Milk Tanker's do you own?

UPTODAY

Only have one milk tanker.Every time I buy one item ,Jacob buys three items.I will never catch up!!!!WHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: UPTODAY on January 22, 2016, 07:50:15 PM
Only have one milk tanker.Every time I buy one item ,Jacob buys three items.I will never catch up!!!!WHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPTODAY

Oh, I see what is happening. You want to buy as many items as I buy, Steve (UPTODAY)?

You need at lest one or two more Tidmouth Milk Tanker's.