News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Acquisitions

Started by Titanic5972, January 14, 2016, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanic5972

Yes the rooves will definitely be painted grey as well. Will definitely post pics when it's ready

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Titanic5972 on January 23, 2016, 09:05:27 PM
I'm planning repainting the red coaches to something closer to what was in the original tv series, more of a mix between BR Bauxite Brown and GWR Indian Red. They look far too bright for my liking.

What's the matter with the Red Coaches as they are now? They are perfect too me. I think they are one of the Coach sets that Bachmann have ever released in Thomas & Friends HO/OO Gauge range.

Titanic5972

It's my own personal opinion Jacob. I am allowed them. I'm not telling everyone else they have to change the colour of their red coaches. It is my own choice to repaint them.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Titanic5972 on January 24, 2016, 05:50:50 AM
It's my own personal opinion Jacob. I am allowed them. I'm not telling everyone else they have to change the colour of their red coaches. It is my own choice to repaint them.

I know it is your personal decision. I am sorry for upsetting you.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

I got a cheap, almost-new Toby off of ebay- yippee!
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Titanic5972

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Titanic5972

Wow $18? Really nice win there lol

Chaz

Might not be an actual "Thomas and Friends" purchase but a fellow member from my model railroad club was selling logs that used to belong to a friend of his.  There were about 100 of them so I split them amongst two other friends at the club and I took 30 for my flat cars.  

I'm pretty happy with how these look on my flat cars.  I honestly never cared that much for the paint drums that came with the flat cars and I thought that logs would have been a more suitable load.  I never got around to getting logs for the flat cars until last night, and I'm glad I did.  I would even go as far as to say that the flat cars actually performed better on my layout than when carrying the paint drums because the paint drums were so light making the already light flat cars have a higher chance of coming off the tracks, whereas my logs made the flat cars perform a lot better on my layout.  

Had a great time running them on my layout and I especially think they look great behind Henry in particular.  I also hope you enjoy my sense of humor that also made it in two of these pictures. ;)  Looking forward to Oliver and Toad next!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #53 By Chaz: Good pictures Chaz. I love the look of your layout, plus some brown paint on those wooden logs would go down a treat. I hope you will post more pictures of your layout and your Thomas Collection. I am really interested in seeing more.

UPTODAY

Great pictures Chaz.I found the humor in your last picture,but Im playing"wheres waldo"with the other photos.Looks like the baggage handler had too many beers!!!!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #55 By UPTODAY: I have actually read Chaz's post about 5 times now carefully and slowly, but I just cannot spot them! Can anybody point them to me, please?

UPTODAY

Hi Chaz,log loads should be chained down with load binders on class one railroads,logging railroads maybe.
JUST SAYING
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Chaz

Thanks for the input guys!  I may add more color and details for the logs and possibly chaining the load.  It might look a little plain for now but I may get around to it soon.  Hard to say no to a good deal from a friend in my club. 

The jokes were the Porter's baggage trolley breaking with suitcases falling out was one of them and the other was Gordon pulling the red coaches instead of the express coaches. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #58 By Chaz: Your welcome Chaz, for the input on behalf of myself and Steve (UPTODAY) have given you. I do recommend you chain the log loads up as well, just like Steve mentioned to you.

I did think that Gordon pulling the Red Branchline Coaches was one of the jokes and had been done on purpose, from what I mentioned last night in 'The Everything Thomas Thread'. It was very good Chaz.