News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Acquisitions

Started by Titanic5972, January 14, 2016, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UPTODAY

Chaz, very nice log cars ,realistic looking layout.lots of THOMAS STUFF!!!,I am soooooooooo jealous.
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #60 By UPTODAY: I am jealous as well. I never even managed to get the Flat Car with Paint Drums, so even if I had these logs, I wouldn't ave anything to put them on.

mully

Latest additions to my layout were James and the red Coaches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2rqDrj3G3k James Review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWHVkjyhDbA Coaches Review. Hoping to Add Toad next. I have a list of engines I want by the end of the year   ;D

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #62 By mully: Are you going to get another Red Coach? I recommend you do. A set of three of these are nice, and this what I have.

Duke

I've just brought Iron 'Arry from ebay. Brand new & sealed package for only $27.50. Original price tag still on it says $99.99. So that was quite a good deal I think.
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

Chaz

Between the last two or so months I managed to order some new rolling stock on my layout, and I figured I would share them here.

The maunsell coaches were amazing when I picked them up, they really do justice for express coaches on my layout.  I'd recommend them to anyone who is looking for express coaches while Bachmann's are discontinued.

The CCT van arrived today, which I'm pretty excited about.  The quality is amazing and does its justice as a flying kipper van on my layout.  Bachmann really outdid themselves with this one.

And last but not least, Toad.  Not a lot to say aside from the mainline recolor used to make Toad happen.  I'm surprised by the coupler choice too as it is an NEM coupler which is a lot smaller than their usual hook-and-loop coupler.  Honestly the only issues I have are the missing decals on only one side and the silver buffers, but fortunately the latter can just be repainted.  Though it's understandable why these have happened since Toads design was based on his whole CGI form and these inevitably got carried on to the Bachmann model.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver was based on his CGI form too, which I wouldn't mind as long as they got him to the right scale.  As a whole though, Toad is a great model and I recommend it to anyone who is interested.

Overall pretty happy with these additions, looking forward to Oliver and Rheneas next. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JD417

Those coaches look much better than the ones Bachmann decided to use, Chaz.

In regards to what we would like for Bachmann Oliver, as long as he has a white running board, and isn't CGI Scaled, I'll be buying him as soon as possible. If they screw him up, and make him stand out compared to the other 1-10 numbered engines, I'm going to be extremely thrown off from purchasing him.

It's like, we have 1-10 in model series style, then there's just the last numbered engine, 11, being from a completely different realm of the television show. That would be a no-buy from me.

Metal

Since Bachmann has discontinued their Express Coaches, I have the Hornby ones instead.

Here's my Express Coaches

Gordon's Express Coaches

James' Express Coaches

Spencer's Special Coaches

All by Hornby

As you could see how well they go nicely.
With Gordon

I know they're called James' Express Coaches, but I perfer them more with Henry, plus he was seen more often with them than James in the show.

With Spencer

Considering that Bachmann has discontinued their Express Coaches, the Hornby ones could serve as great alternatives. The coaches also by Chaz work nicely as well.

UPTODAY

Hey Chaz and Metal,Those coaches are out of this world!!!!wow!!!!!However,I only have 18" radius curves so that might not look too good.I will keep dreaming!!!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

UPTODAY

Hey, Chaz, what is a CCT VAN?????from your pictures????I can not figure this out?
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Chaz

The CCT stands for Covered Carriage Truck.  On the show these have been used on a couple of different freight trains, most notably the flying kipper. 

Here is a better photo of it:

UPTODAY

OK CHAZ,this has to be another one of your jokes!Where did that van come from?did you scratch build it?
time to own up!!!!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Chaz

No jokes this time, this came from Bachmann UK and I ordered it from Hattons.  Here is a link if you are interested:

http://www.ehattons.com/52642/Bachmann_Branchline_39_528_Ex_Southern_CCT_Covered_Carriage_Truck_BR_Blue/StockDetail.aspx

Metal

Quote from: UPTODAY on April 24, 2016, 06:21:29 PM
Hey Chaz and Metal,Those coaches are out of this world!!!!wow!!!!!However,I only have 18" radius curves so that might not look too good.I will keep dreaming!!!
UPTODAY
Actually the coaches and big engines like Gordon and Henry are able navigate 18" radius curves with no problems. :)

UPTODAY

Hey,Metal,thanks for the info on track radius.Where did you get your Hornby coaches????
UPTODAY
UPTODAY