News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Acquisitions

Started by Titanic5972, January 14, 2016, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelob6660

Chaz,

I have the same number of brake vans also. And had the same idea with the spiteful brake van.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Chaz, I totally agree on the Bachmann Oliver front. I waited three years for him to be announced, another two to get the model, and when he finally got to me I found that after a few months I was bored and unhappy with him and he hadn't been worth any of the hassle. There's an important lesson in there somewhere...
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Metal

Another order from ehattons.

Slip Coaches

Ok Ok...They're not really...

They're actually Hornby GWR Coaches

They're the Hornby Railroad ones, which is their budget range.

Since they're no slip coaches in the HO/OO market,

I think these make great substitutes

They go really nice with Duck.

What do you think?

Chaz

So this isn't a "Thomas" model, but I wanted to share it on here because this was the same engine I rode at Day Out with Thomas on the Mount Hood Railroad in Hood River, Oregon.  The Thomas used for these was basically a "dummy" that was being pushed and pulled along with this locomotive at the back of the train doing all the work.  I just got this custom painted from an acquaintance and in future shows I can have this reanact those Day Out with Thomas trips at club setups.  It's a GP38-2 made by Athearn, one of the few locomotives that still runs on the Mount Hood Railroad:

Here it is at Day Out with Thomas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65oEqfC6y0c
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Rickenbacker 325

It has been a while since I have gotten anything train related, so I wanted to go to a train show. Sadly, I was out of town the date of the show, but my friend went for me on the lookout for some cool stuff. I got a text with this picture and nearly fell out of my seat.

Thats right, a mint Flatcar with Paint Drums for $18. I have seen this car go for $500 on eBay used... I was also interested in the Cattle Car even though I already had 3 of them. That was also $18.

I took the flatcar out of the box to go with the other one I have and I must say that Edward looks great with them!

douglas

I swear I'm not a spammer, but I just need to unload some Thomas stuff, mainly engines #1-9 in HO. All in great condition; Percy, whose funnel rim has come off, otherwise looks and runs just fine. PM me for pics and prices... I'd be happy to help you add to your "new acquisitions".

J70Toby

Hello.  I made a couple of custom models: Isabel and Elsie.  Isabel wasn't really any work.  I started with a Hornby autocoach model bought second hand.  I simply added a face eyes made from cardstock and a hole punch and a clay nose.  I went with her repainted livery from Bulgy rather than the maroon livery from Escape.

Elsie started as a model of the Wisbech and Upwell Tramway's luggage van from Shapeways.  Rather than the brown of Awdry's model, I decided to have her match Henrietta.  This is the first custom that I've tried.  She turned out okay, though a bit rough.

I was concerned that the wheel sets that I used would be undersized because I believe they are for the bogeys on American rolling stock, but she ran smoothly behind Toby and Henrietta.  Her buffers are about level with Henrietta, so I will probably stick with the wheels that she has, a good thing because when I popped some out of another model to test, the axels on the Thomas range wheels were too short to stay in.

Kemptown Branch

I just got the Tidmouth Milk Tanker from a train show.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Angelob6660

I recently purchased Edward and Henry.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Rodimus Supreme

Gonna be going with my family to take my nephew to Spencer Station in September to the Day Out With Thomas they'll have there, and I hope to maybe grab a Bachmann Edward, Henry, Toby, and Henrietta. Considering all these illogical decisions Mattel is making about the show, I don't want to somehow miss an opportunity to grab them simply because they are "discontinued" randomly or something (Very slim chance of that happening, but not putting anything past Mattel).

Chaz

Although I don't collect N scale anymore, I saw these at a local sale in an N scale club and I picked up everything you see here for 75 dollars.

Might start collecting N scale again soon.  Maybe one day Bachmann can look into having a license to make and sell N scale Thomas models for the US? ;)

Angelob6660

Quote from: Chaz on April 19, 2018, 01:01:20 PM

Might start collecting N scale again soon.  Maybe one day Bachmann can look into having a license to make and sell N scale Thomas models for the US? ;)

If they do start. I might have to sell my HO collection.
-Kathy Selden

Chaz

The funny thing is I did model in N before going back to HO once the Thomas range first came out in 2002.  so apart from Percy and a mail car, I never really collected N scale since then.  A Bachmann N scale range would be a lot of fun, I could see it having better luck financially than the large scale range.

In other news, I found my old James and Thomas and while Thomas didn't look great, James looked pretty good and I was able to get his motor and wheels cleaned and he runs almost perfectly.  Planning on heading to the club next week to pick up their Thomas pack.

TrainshockeylifE

Has anyone noticed that there are seven engines that are sold out?

J70Toby

There's been a lot of buzz about wanting Stepney lately, and I recently acquired two of his Bluebell Railway friends, Bluebell and Primrose.