News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Acquisitions

Started by Titanic5972, January 14, 2016, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shining time

I know i havent been on the forum in awhile do to work and school but heres some stuff i just recently got unfortunately my BLI Big Boy 4014 isnt pictures at the time of the photes taken but i was able to get a very updated look to my layout and before anyone mentions it i know the layout pic goes in the layout update post im just posting it here as it also show of f tidmouth and knapford station as well. imgur links are because deviantart was giving hell

https://imgur.com/rugDiqM
https://imgur.com/pWEMEeO
https://imgur.com/72pp5rh
https://imgur.com/dw9Lsr9
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

DinoNTrains

I love the photos, Shining Time! Your layout is very impressive!
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Chaz

Well, I'm back again with another update.

My second Henry and James arrived for the Gordon project.  Still waiting for a tender and a chassis mod for him too so I can add the extra set of wheels from James as shown in this image below:

No real update on Toby and Henrietta but I may get around to working on Toby again soon.  Work just picked upit will probably be a while until then.

On a 009 note I was able to preorder two of both the narrow gauge coaches at TrainWorld.  They are up for preorder on there for $30, which is a better price than $42.  Hopefully they will be worth the wait. 

I also managed to get the Bachmann Baldwin for my birthday earlier this week.  It's a really stunning model for Bachmann's first RTR 009 locomotive.  It actually looks great alongside Skarloey and Rheneas (and of course Duke too!).

Definitely has me excited for the Hunselts that they announced earlier this year.  Though I imagine those probably won't be out for at least a few more years since the Baldwin's were announced back in 2014 (even earlier than Skarloey's announcement!).
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TerencetheTractor525

Nice additions; The Baldwin looks especially impressive.

I'm glad to see that TrainWorld now has the narrow gauge carriages listed. Still wondering if Bachmann will use just one tooling for both carriages or go the extra mile with two toolings (the red carriage being based off Talyllyn Coach 1-3, and the blue carriage being based off Talyllyn Coach 4). Would be nice to see the blue carriage in the light blue color scheme too. However, if it comes down to one tooling, which would it be?
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on September 02, 2018, 10:09:22 AM
Nice additions; The Baldwin looks especially impressive.

I'm glad to see that TrainWorld now has the narrow gauge carriages listed. Still wondering if Bachmann will use just one tooling for both carriages or go the extra mile with two toolings (the red carriage being based off Talyllyn Coach 1-3, and the blue carriage being based off Talyllyn Coach 4). Would be nice to see the blue carriage in the light blue color scheme too. However, if it comes down to one tooling, which would it be?
I would think, if they only use one tooling, that they would use the Red Coach tooling, as that is closer to the CGI Series version of the Narrow Gauge Coaches.

Angelob6660

I want to pre-order the coaches. If they are two different versions I will be happy. If the coaches have one tooling I will be disappointed on one set of cars than two.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

J70Toby

I recently picked up three more autocoaches at good prices, as they were pre-owned.  Now I have all of Isabel, Dulcie, Alice, and Mirabel.

I need to paint their roofs the same charcoal color as Isabel's and add faces.  I will also probably add names (like Annie and Clarabel) because with so little room to work with, because of the windows and non-flat ends, I don't really think that I can make four faces that are especially distinct from each other.

Cheeky_ULP

It's officially Fall, so this is the results of my Summer haul. This year it was mainly focused on N scale:

With cooler weather coming around the corner, it'll soon be optimal weather to paint in again.

Angelob6660

Oh man, what a nice collection of freight cars.
Are the going to repaint all those S.C. Ruffey freight cars? Technically not all since you need one non touched.

After several months buying the red coaches I recently purchased one red brake coach. For the two red coaches I might later on get the other brake coach to make two trains.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Cheeky_ULP

Yes, I plan to repaint the spare Scruffeys into the green Season 2 open wagons.

Chaz

Progress on Toby is coming along, a friend of mine is helping me with getting the body ready, it will be on Shapeways at some point whenever finished and I can finally get started on Henrietta.  Any others though I'm going to wait til the "Scale Rail" shop finishes Gordon and may look into some of the other engines and stock he is planning on making. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

J70Toby

I can't say that I have much interest in recollecting the standard gauge characters in a smaller scale, but I do love how the Tomix Clarabel was actually made with her guard compartment rather than reusing Annie's body.

Also, my non-Thomas Stepney model arrived today.

I don't have any plans to modify him into a Thomas model, so I'm still hoping that Bachmann releases a Stepney model.  He more fits into my mini-collection of Bluebell Railway, and you can see him below with Bluebell and Primrose.

Does anyone have any insight on whether the Bluebell Railway has any say in how Stepney's image is used?  I would think that they don't and that whoever holds the rights to Thomas and Friends has the rights to Stepney the character, but I'm not sure.  I know that there is children's newsletter from the Bluebell Railway called Stepney's Club (or something like that), which would capitalize on children's familiarty with Stepney through the RWS/T&F, but I don't think it ever portrays Stepney with a face.

Kemptown Branch

For my birthday, I got the Narrow Gauge blue box van and the slate wagon with no number.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

metal4life

Quote from: J70Toby on October 03, 2018, 05:40:07 PM
Does anyone have any insight on whether the Bluebell Railway has any say in how Stepney's image is used?  I would think that they don't and that whoever holds the rights to Thomas and Friends has the rights to Stepney the character, but I'm not sure.  I know that there is children's newsletter from the Bluebell Railway called Stepney's Club (or something like that), which would capitalize on children's familiarty with Stepney through the RWS/T&F, but I don't think it ever portrays Stepney with a face.

Love that P Class! Bought No. 178 a while ago and they're such top-quality models. Might have to get Bluebell as well.

As far as Stepney goes, I'm not entirely sure myself. That's definitely not something I've heard in the discussion. Perhaps it works like licensing does?