News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

on30 forney

Started by bubkiss, January 15, 2016, 08:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubkiss

hi, I have a problem that I hope the forum can help me on. I recently recieved my on30 forney new ,sealed in the box. dcc on board, the instruction sheet says it is backward compatable with dc, when I put the locomotive on the tracks it would'nt run. I checked to see if anything was shorting out, but it was'nt. I made sure that the wheels were on the track. they were, I was wondering if there was a hidden switch I have to find or the engine is defective. thank you for your time in advance. :-\

Flare

There is no switch, the DCC decoder is supposed to automatically pass along DC voltage to the lights and motor.

It's possible that your power pack or the locomotive is defective.  If you have a multimeter you can check the output from the speed controller to make sure it's working properly.

If you don't have a multimeter you can put a 9v battery on the rails and see if the locomotive moves.

bubkiss

hi, I tried what the forum said, the train burned up one transformer,so I hooked up a bachmann power pack and it got extremely hot, i tried to move the wheels with my finger and the wheels feel like they are locked up. so i packed up the engine and i'ts going back to bachmann on monday. thanks for the help. ???