are Thomas series engines acc equipped

Started by lkrotzer, January 16, 2016, 10:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lkrotzer

Are two year old Thomas series engines doc equipped?

Titanic5972

As far as I am aware, none of Bachmanns Thomas range is DCC Ready or fitted. The sound Thomas may be but I think that's just DC.

Jacob Wilson

I do believe all of the Bachmann Thomas & Friends Locomotives are DC, otherwise they would stat on the blister packs if they where DDC Ready or DCC Fitted.

Br 98.75

Only the Bachmann Junior were dcc/dcc ready. they used the same chassis... but installing dcc is really easy and only takes about 15 min depending on the decoder you want to install... sound about 45

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Br 98.75 on January 18, 2016, 11:38:48 PM
Only the Bachmann Junior were dcc/dcc ready. they used the same chassis... but installing dcc is really easy and only takes about 15 min depending on the decoder you want to install... sound about 45

The Bachmann Junior range was by Bachmannn UK though. I do not think that you could buy this range in the USA.

Br 98.75

they make a very rare appearance in the us market... i have  bought a few... Greg/Percy and Lner #7 i bought for me... most of my buy were for my friend's autistic kid. He didn't want a face on the locos

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Br 98.75 on January 19, 2016, 09:46:41 PM
they make a very rare appearance in the us market...

Where do they show up, and where would be the best place to find them?
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Titanic5972

Quote from: DinoNTrains on January 20, 2016, 01:22:54 AM

eBay is probably your best bet

Jacob Wilson

they make a very rare appearance in the us market... i have  bought a few... Greg/Percy and Lner #7 i bought for me... most of my buy were for my friend's autistic kid. He didn't want a face on the locos

I do not know you could buy the Bachmann Junior range in the USA. I found the detail was poor on them.

Quote from: DinoNTrains on January 20, 2016, 01:22:54 AM

Why do you want to buy them for? I do not recommend them for people wanting detail, as there isn't any!

Chaz

If he wants the Bachmann Junior models, that is his decision, not yours.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DinoNTrains

RE: Jacob Wilson

I am aware that Bachmann Junior models aren't as detailed as other British locomotives. However, I feel that they would fit perfectly if one models Sodor.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

jward

if the other engines in the line are like my Thomas, adding dcc is as simple as removing a small pc board, and soldering the wires from the motor and wheels to their appropriate connections on the decoder. in Thomas there isn't a lot of room so I used a z scale decoder tucked into the coal bunker.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on January 20, 2016, 03:55:23 AM
If he wants the Bachmann Junior models, that is his decision, not yours.

I know it is his his decision if he wants to buy them, but I do not remember them to people. I am not telling people what too do.

Quote from: DinoNTrains on January 20, 2016, 10:43:36 AM
RE: Jacob Wilson

I am aware that Bachmann Junior models aren't as detailed as other British locomotives. However, I feel that they would fit perfectly if one models Sodor.

That is true. You could always draw a face on a piece of paper or buy fences that have been removed off Hornby Thomas & Friends Locomotives. I own x3 Hornby Bill and Ben faces and I am looking for a Locomotive
Quote from: jward on January 20, 2016, 11:20:35 AM
if the other engines in the line are like my Thomas, adding dcc is as simple as removing a small pc board, and soldering the wires from the motor and wheels to their appropriate connections on the decoder. in Thomas there isn't a lot of room so I used a z scale decoder tucked into the coal bunker.

to put them on.

Would it matter if you put a Z Gauge DCC Decoder in a HO Locomotive?

Br 98.75

! off My friends kis is very autistic, so a loco with a large amounts of details is pointless. and a z scale motor may work just get one with a 1.5-2 amp peak. I have percy with sound in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgSiO9UzJKU

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Br 98.75 on January 20, 2016, 03:11:44 PM
! off My friends kis is very autistic, so a loco with a large amounts of details is pointless. and a z scale motor may work just get one with a 1.5-2 amp peak. I have percy with sound in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgSiO9UzJKU

Ah, well in that case then, the Bachmann Junior range will be perfect for an autistic person, as they may not be able to handle a Locomotive with a large amount of detail, risking that it gets broken off.