News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

G-Scale Christmas Cars

Started by csmithtrw, November 19, 2007, 03:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csmithtrw

I just purchased the G-scale Christmas set "The Night Before Christmas" and would like to add a few additional cars to it.  As this is my first train ever I have a few questions.

1)Are there any additional Christmas cars available and where would I find them?

2)Will any car manufacturer work with the Bachmann I purchased?  If not which ones will?

3)Is the engine capable of pulling 2 or 3 additional cars?

Thanks
Chris

Cascade Northern

1) Not sure, but I don't think so.  Unless you look on E-bay

2) Yes.  All G-Scale companies will work together.

3) Yes.  It should be able to.

Paul W.

Bachmann puts out a Christmas train every year. There are several Christmas freight cars, passenger coaches, even a trolley. As far as can the different trains run together, yes and no. Yes, they all run on the same track, but the couplers may or may not work together.

Can your engine pull a couple more cars, it sure will.

Welcome to our great hobby!
Happy Steamin'

Paul

altterrain

Welcome Chris!

1) As above, I have never seen them sold separately except on eBay. Another option to to buy cheap cars and repaint them green or red (spray paint works fine) and decorate them yourself. I have down this with a few cars.

2) Yes, with a couple of caveats. Different manufacturers use different knuckle couplers (their own). Most can be manually couple together by hand. Your other alternative is to use the hook and loop type couplers. Most manufacturers provide them also.  Your train is 1:22.5 scale. Large scale trains run 1:20 to 1:32 scale for the most part. Trains in the scale range of 1:22.5 to 1:29 look okay together to my eye. This includes the Bachmann big hauler line, LGB, USA Trains, AristoCraft and Hartland.

3) Yes, your ten wheeler should be about to handle 6 cars on level track.
It could handle more on a larger diameter track. The track in you set is the minimum 4 foot diameter.

-Brian
President of