News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

shay with sound card

Started by william webb, January 19, 2016, 07:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

william webb

A few months back I asked about my Shay that has a sound card installed on it.
At the same time I purchased a new power pack because I was advised that the one I was using will not run the locomotive with out stalling but it still will not run well.
At that time I asked how to remove the sound card and I did get a reply but I seem to have lost it some where.
I would appreciate any help I can get on how to this or should I just send it to Bachmann and have them do it.

Thanks

William Webb

Hunt

I see where you ask about On30 Heisler but not a Shay  Click Here

william webb

Sorry you are correct it was a Heisler so now can any body tell me what power pack would I need to run this locomotive properly, I recently purchased a MRC railpower 1370 and it will not run very well or not at all.

Thanks

William Webb

ebtnut

Need a better description of what the loco is, or isn't doing.  Typically, locos with sound cards have a DCC decoder as well.  If that's the case, the loco won't move until about 6 volts DC have been applied to the track. The loco may start a bit shaky before settling down as you increase the throttle.  Did you get it new in the box?  If you got it second-hand, it may also need to have the wheels cleaned for good pick-up.

william webb

I purchased it from Internet Trains a while ago and it was brand new.
When I increase the power the headlight comes on but then the more power I give it it just goes out and will not move, I believe it has  DCC   supplied but I am running it on standard DC.
Hope this helps.