News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old train set

Started by Dennis55, January 19, 2016, 08:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis55

I have an old bachman train set still in boxes never used. The postal package date on it is dated 1984. I got 51ft box car,flat car w/logs, ge u36b diesel, quad hopper nd/load, wood reefer gerber, 43100702 cabose all ho scale. Also have track power pack ,bridge tresel, foam tunnel, post and markers . so this is 32 years old dose anyone have an idea of what they are worth.

Hunt

jward

pancake motor u36b, with horn hook couplers and cars with talgo trucks. not worth very much to a serious model railroader I am afraid. compared to what is available to-day these are notoriously poor quality.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

ACY

Around $10-$15 including any shipping expenses a potential buyer may incur.

Ken G Price

Quote from: Dennis55 on January 19, 2016, 08:01:25 PM
I have an old bachman train set still in boxes never used. The postal package date on it is dated 1984. I got 51ft box car,flat car w/logs, ge u36b diesel, quad hopper nd/load, wood reefer gerber, 43100702 caboose all ho scale. Also have track power pack ,bridge tresel, foam tunnel, post and markers . so this is 32 years old dose anyone have an idea of what they are worth.
The bad news is that the set is 32 two years out of date. The good news is, well there is no really good news. I hope you did not just recently buy it. :(
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

Bucksco

Play with it or give it to someone to play with.... :)

Ken G Price

Quote from: Yardmaster on January 28, 2016, 08:17:22 AM
Play with it or give it to someone to play with.... :)

Good idea.  ;)

I still use all of the older Bachmann cars from a set I had in the 80's as well as those I bought over the years. I changed out the trucks/couplers and replaced the pizza cutter wheels and enjoy them along with my newer Bachmann cars.
The Bachmann engines from that time period, did go the way of extinction though.

Len

I removed the power pickups from a couple of older locos like that, "junked" them up, then sat them on a dead siding waiting for their trip to the scrapper.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Ken G Price

Quote from: Len on January 28, 2016, 05:30:09 PM
I removed the power pickups from a couple of older locos like that, "junked" them up, then sat them on a dead siding waiting for their trip to the scrapper.

Len

I had thought of that, but had no extra sidings and any way they were so far out of my time period (1995 about) that they would have been scrapped twenty five years earlier. ;D