News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decoder Manuals

Started by woliners, January 20, 2016, 05:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woliners

Why is it so hard to find and download a manual for the Bachmann 44915 DCC decoder? Is it made by a different company? If so, what is their model number so I can cross reference.  A list of CV's would be nice. Or are they not programmable? Some kind of paper work or a note on where to find this info would be even nicer.  When I google "Bachmann 44915 Decoder Manual" I get some website that I have to subscribe to.   The Bachmann site doesn't have a section on manuals....does it? I'm not finding it there either. Isn't this the first thing a DCC enthusiast/customer would want to know?

rogertra

Quote from: woliners on January 20, 2016, 05:56:49 PM
Why is it so hard to find and download a manual for the Bachmann 44915 DCC decoder? Is it made by a different company? If so, what is their model number so I can cross reference.  A list of CV's would be nice. Or are they not programmable? Some kind of paper work or a note on where to find this info would be even nicer.  When I google "Bachmann 44915 Decoder Manual" I get some website that I have to subscribe to.   The Bachmann site doesn't have a section on manuals....does it? I'm not finding it there either. Isn't this the first thing a DCC enthusiast/customer would want to know?

Download and install JMRI, then you don't need to know what CVs do what.  JMRI knows what they do for practically ever DCC decoder out there.

Cheers

Roger T.

WoundedBear

You couldn't have looked very hard...........but here you go.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/images/44913_Decoder_IS.pdf

Basic 2 function decoder. Your 44915 has the 8 pin plug.....same instruction sheet.

Sid

woliners

Thanks guys!  That's exactly what I needed. I've been all over the Bachmann site and could find none of this info.  So what labyrinth do I head down on the Bachmann site that gets me to the manuals as well as other technical info? 

Bucksco

Click on "Parts, Service, & Information" and go to Digital Command Control