News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Red coaches

Started by Titanic5972, January 24, 2016, 12:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanic5972

Do the red Branchline coaches have interior mouldings? And Annie and Clarabel for that matter?

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Titanic5972 on January 24, 2016, 12:30:00 AM
Do the red Branchline coaches have interior mouldings? And Annie and Clarabel for that matter?
By interior mouldings, do you mean things like chairs and tables etc? Because I don't think the models by Bachmann have these, nor do I think the models from the early TV Series had them.

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

That's interesting thought actually. I have not seen any seats and tables in the Bachmann Red Coaches looking through the windows. I am not prepared however to open them up to check, so if you are going to take them apart, please tell us Titanic5972 if they do or not!

Titanic5972

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 24, 2016, 04:06:45 AM
That's interesting thought actually. I have not seen any seats and tables in the Bachmann Red Coaches looking through the windows. I am not prepared however to open them up to check, so if you are going to take them apart, please tell us Titanic5972 if they do or not!

It would be very obvious if there was interior mouldings so if you can't see any then there aren't any.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Titanic5972 on January 24, 2016, 05:52:32 AM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 24, 2016, 04:06:45 AM

It would be very obvious if there was interior mouldings so if you can't see any then there aren't any.

Maybe Bachmann did not fit any to save money and as the windows are small anyway, it would be hard to see them in the first place.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

This is a range aimed at eight year olds. There is not interior detailing in the coaches.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #5 By Racing James!: I know that, but I like to think that Bachmann have older fans of the Thomas & Friends range, like me being 19. It quite difficult to break off the interior detailing like seats and tables, so unless an 8 year-old gets their hands on a screwdriver, the detailing cannot be broken off!

JD417

Spencers, Gordons, and the Red Express Coaches all have interior mouldings. Most likely due to the fact that the moulding for these coaches were taken from the Bachmann Branchline range.

@Jacob - Also, Annie, Clarabel, Emily's coaches, and the red coaches don't need a screwdriver to get at the inside of the coach. The roof actually snaps into the body, without the need of a screw.

DinoNTrains

That's also the case with Emily's coaches, isn't it?
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Titanic5972

I did think the smaller coaches wouldnt have any interior.

Quote from: JD417 on February 01, 2016, 06:31:29 AM
Spencers, Gordons, and the Red Express Coaches all have interior mouldings. Most likely due to the fact that the moulding for these coaches were taken from the Bachmann Branchline range.

@Jacob - Also, Annie, Clarabel, Emily's coaches, and the red coaches don't need a screwdriver to get at the inside of the coach. The roof actually snaps into the body, without the need of a screw.

Do they really? I have Gordon's coaches and I've never noticed any moulding inside....

JD417

It's a very dark brown, and it's all one piece. If you open one of them up, you'll have a surprise inside :P

Hahaha...do they have seats and such? I don't have mine with me!

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #12 By Racing James!: I imagine they do have moulded seats as well, seeing as it is a moulded interior through out the Coaches. Hornby Gordon's, James' and Spencer's Coaches all have a moulded interior and seats, as part of that moulded piece.

JD417

Here's the interior piece, which is present in all of the ones I own: http://i.imgur.com/6KPisVt.jpg