News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bangor & Aroostook Caboose

Started by plint, January 25, 2016, 05:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

Would Bachmann make 1 of these to match the GP9 I bought?    You can make more than 1,lol.   These are nowhere to be found except to make my own but I'd rather just buy 1 for the sake of time.
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

Jhanecker2

plint :   that depends upon  How deep  your pockets are  ?  How much is your time worth ? Can you afford to hire a major corporation to make a one of ? If not it is time to bite the bullet and make your own.   Sorry about economics  , but it rules everything . John2

plint

I would hope they'd make a bunch like other roads but making a long lost rr engine seems to need the caboose to go with it.   They DID make the GP9 I have.  Most of the fallen flag rr s have both engines and cabooses available.  This must be a really long lost fallen flag.

jward

there is a huge difference between making a standard gp9 in BAR paint, and making a model of BAR's unique cabooses converted from boxcars. with the gp9 is is merely a matter of the paint job that differentiates it from say a b&o or pennsy gp9. the caboose would require completely new tooling for a model guaranteed not to sell well.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

plint

Yes, you're right.  They were very unique in that regard but I'd be happy with a Northeast style caboose  or the 36' wide cupola  caboose that Bachmann already makes  even though it's not very prototypical for the BAR.

jward

why not paint and decal one yourself then? that's what we old schoolers did when the only roads produced were b&o, pennsy, new York central, sp, up and santa fe. not sure how BAR did things, but the affiliated Pittsburg & Shawmut did use northeast style cabooses, painted bright red with the Shawmut logo.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

plint

Just might try that some day, Thanks

Len

Atlas did a painted/unlettered New Haven style NE-6 caboose a few years back, item #6300. They still show up at shows now and then, and occasionally on line. Or you could try bashing a 'Drovers Caboose' that's been done by Roundhouse, and several others.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.