Main Menu

Plastic surgery

Started by Titanic5972, January 30, 2016, 06:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Titanic5972 on January 31, 2016, 04:41:48 AM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on January 30, 2016, 04:18:12 PM
Quote from: sean1994rail on January 30, 2016, 03:53:15 PM
I bought 4 each of the 4 troublesome trucks, totalling 16, and swap face between them.

All of that must have been expensive, but what is the reason for swapping the faces between them?

The reason to swap the faces is to expand the range of trucks with differing faces. I now have 4 different grey troublesome trucks all with different faces, rather than having 4 trucks, with 2 of each face. I will only be able to do 3 different green trucks because the face on the cattle wagon is too big for the end of the green truck.

That is true of course and I would love to see some pictures of what people have done to their Troublesome Trucks by swapping the faces around. It would be great if somebody could post pictures of their Troublesome Trucks with swapped faces here, please!

I would love to swap the faces, but I would be scared of wasting money and damaging the Wagon and / or the face, like I mentioned in a earlier Reply.

sean1994rail

I bought 4 each of the 4 troublesome trucks, totalling 16, and swap face between them.

All of that must have been expensive, but what is the reason for swapping the faces between them?

The reason to swap the faces is to expand the range of trucks with differing faces. I now have 4 different grey troublesome trucks all with different faces, rather than having 4 trucks, with 2 of each face. I will only be able to do 3 different green trucks because the face on the cattle wagon is too big for the end of the green truck.
you can add tt3's face onto tt 4. You just need to make a tarpaulin load for it to cover the face's large size. Which is what I'm planning to do with my tt 4 with tt 3 face.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: sean1994rail on January 31, 2016, 09:27:29 AM

you can add tt3's face onto tt 4. You just need to make a tarpaulin load for it to cover the face's large size. Which is what I'm planning to do with my tt 4 with tt 3 face.

Personally though, if you think about it, Troublesome Truck #3's face only appeared on Cattle Wagon's or Closed Van's. Troublesome Truck #3's face never appeared on an Open Wagon, especially on a Green Open Wagon, like Troublesome Truck #4. I do believe that Troublesome Truck #4 is supposed to be one of Thomas' New Trucks, from the Thomas & Friends TV Series in 2005 (Series 9 Episode 19: Thomas' New Trucks).

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Titanic5972 on January 31, 2016, 10:23:05 AM
Wrong there Jacob. Bachmanns TT #3 face on an open wagon.

http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/File:BufferBother52.png

http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Troublesome_Trucks?file=File%3AToadStandsBy12.png

http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Troublesome_Trucks?file=File%3AHectorTheHorrid!22.png

I see you have court me out there and I admit you are right. However, when mentioned about the Green Troublesome Trucks, I was talking about Thomas' Trucks, his new ones The Fat Controller gave him in Series 9 Episode 19: Thomas' New Trucks. This is where Bachmann got the idea from for Troublesome Truck #4. I was talking about bright green trucks from that Eposode only, no other darker green random Troublesome Trucks that have been seen throughout all Episodes ever made.

Chaz

Green open wagons have actually been around on the show since season 2.

Some fans have even mentioned that Troublesome Truck #4's face somewhat resembles this face in particular despite being the wrong type of wagon:

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #20 By Chaz: I have been talking about these Green Troublesome Trucks, known as Thomas' New Trucks: http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas'_New_Trucks/.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

I've seen a few mods of a Wooden Railway Thomas (CGI face) being added to Bachmann Thomas. Anyone think this is a good idea?
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #22 By Racing James!: First impressions of hearing this without seeing one, is a "no" from me. It might look alright, but of course a Bachmann Thomas and a Wooden Railway Thomas are different scales. I can understand why people have done this, as the Bachmann Thomas does not have the best looking face for Thomas. Bachmann do need to update Thomas' face. The sooner, the better! If I had a Bachmann Thomas and I wanted to change the face, I would say the best thing to do until Bachmann update their Thomas' face, is to fit the Bachmann Thomas with a Hornby Thomas face.

Rickenbacker 325

Racing James, I have done this with my Thomas. It is very easy to do but you will have to cut the wooden face off and tack it or glue it on to Thomas. You will also have to take the eye mechanism out of him, not just the eyes. I have put in some weights in mine so it pulls more. I have also seen people use the 2013 wooden battery powered Thomas face mask and I believe that is just held on by a screw. I personal prefer the Bachmann face compared to the Hornby one but I can see where peoples opinions can differ. Hope this helps!!

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #24 By Rickenbacker 325: The Hornby Thomas face looks better and looks more like Thomas than the Bachmann Thomas face does. I am not trying to offend anybody, or compare the two Locomotives as both have advantages and disadvantages. It's just that the Hornby face does look nicer, sort of more happier and it displays Thomas' well-known cheeky smile!

Rickenbacker 325

Like I said peoples opinions will differ. I know of some people that also use the different expressions from Trackmaster and even T'n'P which isnt the right size but still can be used.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 03, 2016, 06:24:12 PM
^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #24 By Rickenbacker 325: The Hornby Thomas face looks better and looks more like Thomas than the Bachmann Thomas face does. I am not trying to offend anybody, or compare the two Locomotives as both have advantages and disadvantages. It's just that the Hornby face does look nicer, sort of more happier and it displays Thomas' well-known cheeky smile!
Just because it more closely resembles what was seen in some seasons of the TV Series, does not make it "better", as such.

As Rickenbacker 325 said:
Quote from: Rickenbacker 325 on February 03, 2016, 07:04:03 PM
Like I said peoples opinions will differ.

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #27 By AJW98Productions: I do know that Alex, but too me the Hornby face is better looking than the Bachmann one.

UPTODAY

Speakin of wagon and truck faces,I have not seen a parts listing for Thomas & Friends wagons,trucks, pass. cars etc.
JUST ASKING
UPTODAY
UPTODAY