News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

TOAD IS IN STOCK!

Started by InsideTrack, February 08, 2016, 10:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean1994rail

What a surprise Bachmann! Kudos to you! And before the New York Toy Fair as well! Never saw it coming.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Oh my Thomas, he looks amazing! Thank you Bachmann!
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

Very interesting to see it so earlier with a release date of April or May, and I am suprised to see Toad released before the Toy Fair, just as sean1994rail mentioned above.

I wonder if the image is the exact product? It also looks like it has coupilings from the a Bachmann Branch-Line GWR Brake Van. I wonder if it is an exact repaint of one of these, with an added face, rather than Bachmann re-tooling it, to a more basic HO scale GWR Brake Van.

I wonder if this means Oliver will be released soon as well, before April or May? It looks promising that this might happen, as Toad has been released this sudden without an expectation!

TTTEfan1992

Wow! I can't believe he was just released already. He came out a lot earlier than I expected. This is great! ;D I wonder what they did with Oliver. Could Toad's release be a sign that Oliver's model picture will be in this year's catalog?

Chaz

Toad doesn't look bad at all.  Glad that we got to see him sooner rather than later, I'm already looking forward to getting mine soon since I placed my order for him earlier.

Can't wait for Oliver next!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Thomasfan39

Personally I thought that toad would look better but that is just my opinion so don't get mad at me.

mully

I think Toad looks really good. Very much worth the wait.

Jacob Wilson

I must admit, I was hoping Bachmann's Toad would be dark grey, like the Hornby Toad. It seems like Bachmann decided and they have released Toad in his light grey livery, from the CGI Series. I do prefer Toad in his dark grey livery, than his light grey though. Still, despite this, Bachmann have done an excellent job, and I like the look of him, if that is the actual product shown.

MeganekkoFury1126

Seeing how this is most likely the production model, I say Bachmann has done it again. I don't mind the lighter gray color, and considering his concept image last year in the catalog, it's not false advertising. I especially love the hand brake detail inside, like we saw in sharper detail in Toad's Adventure and Toad's Bright Idea.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #9 By MeagnekkoFury1126: No, Bachmann Toad being grey when it's illustrational image released, being grey was not false advertising. I suspected that Bachmann's Toad would be based off the CGI Toad, after Bachmann releasing an illustration of the CGI Toad, and another give-a-way is that Bachmann for the past 6 year's, have been focusing the Thomas & Friends range in the CGI era.

SportyPup

Toad looks great!!  Especially the brake lever in his cab...  I've never been a fan of Thomas' original brake van (it's virtually unpainted in HO) so maybe Toad will be following many freight trains on my railroad in the days to come :)

Although Oliver and Toad aren't my favorite characters, they hold a special place in my heart because they were the first "new" characters to the TV series that came along when I was old enough to remember learning about them.  I remember getting the video tape where Oliver falls down the turntable well, and instantly wanted to have his Ertl and wooden models.  Sadly, both models were hard to find at that point in time...  But when I got them both, I was sure happy!  Soon I will be able to continue this cherished tradition with Bachmann!!  ;)

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #11 By SportyPup: I quite like Bachmann's standard Thomas & Friends Brake Van. I must also point out, that Toad should only be coupled up to the end of freight trains, that "Mr. Oliver" is pulling!

Memories like that SportyPup, are nice. I have memories of similar stories like that!

MeganekkoFury1126

Do remember in Toad's Adventure and Toad's Bright Idea that Toad trailed behind trains led by James and Gator respectively, so Toad can trail behind any train a Thomas enthusiast wants to.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: MeganekkoFury1126 on February 09, 2016, 07:13:53 AM
Do remember in Toad's Adventure and Toad's Bright Idea that Toad trailed behind trains led by James and Gator respectively, so Toad can trail behind any train a Thomas enthusiast wants to.
Not to mention the events of "Toad Stands By" showing he was Douglas's brakevan for awhile...

~Alex