News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

TOAD IS IN STOCK!

Started by InsideTrack, February 08, 2016, 10:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #13 By MeagnekkoFury1126: I have not seen those Episodes, but generally, Toad is Oliver's Brake Van.

thomasj219

Right but people can do what they want, but I have to say  saying things like "Toad should only be  coupled behind Oliver "  is what creates the feeling of tension that you say you don't want. People don't like being told what to do on their model railways, nor that what they like to do is "wrong", even if in some regards, show accuracy,  it is.  Live and let live,  there is no wrong way to model Thomas. Just your way.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

thomasj219

Not what I was saying at all.  Merely stating a fact. It can't be denied that the climate of this forum has changed,  and for all the people who constantly wonder why, statements like that, and yours honestly, add to it.  The attitude that someone always knows what is best no matter what your opinion might be may not bother you but it is tiresome to others,  again I say even if that's not the way the statement is intended, that is how it comes off.  When someone keeps asking why other users are annoyed with this behavior and then continues to perpetuate it, it becomes even more tiresome. Honestly just tying to help. Think of the boy who cried wolf, in a way. Annoying after a while.

I have barely posted on this forum in recent months but honestly, saying " here's a tip don't bother doing so on a forum centered around Thomas the tank engine, rant over, back on topic" sounds a lot more like a beta male attempting to be the alpha than anything I've read on here in a while.  ::) Just because Thomas is for kids doesn't mean we have to act like them.

If you want to rant. Have something worth ranting about.

TheJJ

And just like that the comments disappear. Anyway! Toad looks great!

thomasj219

Well that's one way to solve a problem.

Toad does look wonderful. They seem to have gone with a mixed era face. Either that or the CGI face toad looks a lot like the model face.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #19 By thomasj219: I believe that Toad's face is the same in the model era and the CGI era.

thomasj219

Agreed. It may not be exact but it is very similar. Thoughts?

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #21 By thomasj219: Toad's eyebrows have defiantly been boarded up and a slightly darker grey to me, has been used for his eyebrows in the CGI era, compared to the model era.

TheJJ

Quote from: thomasj219 on February 09, 2016, 07:51:05 PM
Agreed. It may not be exact but it is very similar. Thoughts?
Personally I don't care if it CGI or Classic because the product itself looks good, I mean look at Skarloey, CGI, but easily one of the best model released in the whole series. So my thoughts are positive!

Metal

Comparison between his model and CGI render .

By the look of the of the Bachmann Toad, I could hardly see a difference. ;)

JLK2707

Jacob Wilson

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #24 By AJW98Productions: You can tell some difference between Toad's model face and CGI face. The CGI face looks more dynamic to me as well, but that is obviously the CGI Animation effect it gives.

mully

Quote from: thomasj219 on February 09, 2016, 04:00:27 PM
Right but people can do what they want, but I have to say  saying things like "Toad should only be  coupled behind Oliver "  is what creates the feeling of tension that you say you don't want. People don't like being told what to do on their model railways, nor that what they like to do is "wrong", even if in some regards, show accuracy,  it is.  Live and let live,  there is no wrong way to model Thomas. Just your way.
I believe you are right, As previously stated Toad has been pulled by Douglas in Oliver owns up, James in Toad's adventure and Gator in Toad's bright idea. Also I would like to point out, has anyone noticed that his buffers seem to be grey, giving him a more defined look which I really like. 

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #27 By mully: I have only just noticed that Toad's buffers are grey, since you have just mentioned it! I do think, however, that Toad looks better with black buffers.

Chaz

Just got an email from Hobby Linc that my Bachmann Toad will be shipping next week and that they already have him in stock.  Looking forward to it!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.