News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

TOAD IS IN STOCK!

Started by InsideTrack, February 08, 2016, 10:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanic5972

Sorry Jacob but I think you will find you are wrong there. The Bachmann Branchline UK Range is OO Gauge/4mm to the foot, whereas the Bachmann Thomas range is HO Gauge/3.5mm to the foot. They may well have used the design from the uk range but it will be a newly tooled HO Gauge model. A OO Gauge model would look very oversized.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #60 By Titanic5972: Yes, I know the Bachmann Branch-Line range is OO Gauge / 1:76 Scale, but some of the Wagon's in the Bachmann Thomas & Friends range are OO Gauge, believe it or not. I own x3 of the Bachmann Ventilated Van (Blue) and that is the same height and length as the Hornby Ventilated Van's.

I also own the discontinued Bachmann Thomas & Friends Well Wagon, and my Dad owns a fleet of Bachmann Branch-Line Well Wagon's with a Boiler on it, and the Well Wagon itself is the same height and length as the Bachmann Thomas Well Wagon.

I do find all this odd myself, but some of the Bachmann Thomas & Friends Wagon's are OO Gauge, despite all being listed as HO Gauge. I imagine Bachmann do this to save money to re-tooling the items to HO Gauge.

JD417

Quote from: Titanic5972 on February 17, 2016, 04:41:54 AM
They may well have used the design from the uk range but it will be a newly tooled HO Gauge model. A OO Gauge model would look very oversized.

That's a wrong statement. The Well Wagon, Toad, and what appears to be the new Salt Wagon, and New Cattle Wagon, are all directly used from the Bachmann Branchline Range, with no modification to the tooling, other than Toad's face, and the Well Wagon's couplings.

Cheeky_ULP

The Bachmann range is labeled as HO because it is a more familiar term to Americans than OO, even though the range is scaled at OO.

Jacob Wilson

^^^ Above 3 Replies - @Reply #62 By Chloe Amy: Thank you for posting the links to the YouTube videos there, Chloe.

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #63 By JD417: So what I said in Reply #60 is pretty much correct? I think it is.

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #64 By Sparks: Generally it is, yes, but some item like Spencer's Special Coach are HO Gauge.

Rickenbacker 325

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 17, 2016, 04:14:35 AM
^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #58 By Rickenbacker 325: I know that I am not staff on this Forum, but the new Bachmann Toad's tolling has been taken from the Bachmann Branch-Line range, which is the UK Bachmann range of Bachmann Plc.

Toad having this coupiling is to do with the tooling being taken from the UK Bachmann range, but whether or not this becomes permanent with the Thomas & Friends range is a different story. I would like to, as the coupilings being more slimmer from the UK range is more realistic.
I know this already, thats why I was asking them  ;)

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @ Reply #66 By Rickenbacker 325: Oh, sorry. I imagine Bachmann do this to save money, so they do not need re-tool the GWR Brake Van into HO Gauge.

Chloe Amy

I thought we would've heard something by now about Oliver..

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #68 By Chloe Amy: I do believe that we are all thinking that Oliver should be released by now, but he hasn't. I am starting think that we will be waiting this long for Rosie to be released as well, this time in 2017, sadly. :( :'(

Chloe Amy

That's pretty over dramatic lol

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #70 By Chloe Amy: I do have point though. Model railway products are hardly ever released on time. Creating new tooling's is a difficult process. All manufacturers in model railway's do find it difficult to release a new locomotive on time, that has new tooling. Hornby since 2010 or 2011 have been late releasing pretty everything they have released from those year's, onwards and they still are today!

mully

They are probably working on oliver now to get him out in the summer then we will get bits of new rolling stock and then probably rhenaes by Christmas Rosie next year. But toad is out now at least.

Chloe Amy

I'm so excited for Oliver, I have Hornby Oliver but still

Jacob Wilson

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #72 By mully: I heard something around Christmas time last year on this Forum of Oliver and Toad being due for a April or May release this year. Toad has been released earlier than this, so I think there a chance Oliver may get released before the Summer.

Sadly, I can't see Rosie getting released this year before Christmas, but I hope she is.