News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Picture time

Started by WoundedBear, February 08, 2016, 07:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

Been busy at the model bench..............not going to go into too much detail, just posting up some pics of recent progress. Some of the scenes are starting to really take shape. Others....not so much....lol.

Enjoy!

Sid

WoundedBear

Last few..........I've had this old Mehano kicking around since the 80's.........This is probably rebuild number three. Did a complete weathering job, replaced some missing details and upgraded the decoder. I improved the lighting and added a strobe on her back. The sunshades are scratchbuilt from some old photo etched parts from my automotive days.

Till next time...

Sid

Jhanecker2

To Wounded Bear  :  Nice modeling  work  and very well composed  photographs  . Was camera  on a tripod  ?  Your depth was focus was well chosen .  John2 .

Ken Huck

To quote a fellow railroader:

"Great pics, keep 'em coming."

jlc41

Very nice work. I very much like the houses on the slope, reminds me of Shenandoah PA.

brokenrail

I like it .Great pics. What a short frame sd40. I like the clock. Nice work.
Johnny

jbrock27

Excellent work as always! :)

Does the strobe actually strobe?  If so, how'd you get it to strobe?
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Quote from: doctorwayne on February 08, 2016, 10:54:52 PM
...makes me wish I had more room...

Wayne

You?  Need more room?   :D
Keep Calm and Carry On

WoundedBear

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

John....yes I use a tripod....always....and the timer function to trigger the shutter. I set the old Sony on full manual with the aperture opening being the priority. The macro setting also helps a lot.

Jim.....yes it strobes. The MRC decoder I used has extra light function outputs for MARS, strobes, ditch lights etc. It was as simple as connecting a bulb and drilling a hole in the roof.

Sid

jbrock27

Ahh, thank you Sid.  DCC magic then...
Keep Calm and Carry On