News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

F7s

Started by Boattrain, March 29, 2016, 11:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boattrain

Is it possible to use a Spectrum F7 shell on the new DCC F7s? I have some custom painted shells I'd like to use on the new DCC units.

brokemoto

Yes.  The PLUS shells will go onto either the SPECTRUM chassis or the DCC chassis.  All three are interchangeable.

LedHed430

Are F7A and F7B shells interchangeable also? I have two F7A's I'd like to get a B shell to put on one of them... 

spookshow

Yes, also interchangeable.

Cheers,
-Mark

brokemoto

The Bs will go onto the A chassis and vice versa.  If you are going to put a B onto an A chassis, you might want to remove the headlight.

TJ

And what about the F9A's from the 1980'S will these fit the Spectrum and Bachmann Plus Series loco chassis. I have not attempted this as of yet due to packing for a move .

TJ

spookshow

Quote from: TJ on April 05, 2016, 09:04:39 AM
And what about the F9A's from the 1980'S will these fit the Spectrum and Bachmann Plus Series loco chassis. I have not attempted this as of yet due to packing for a move .

Well, they "fit" insofar as you could put an F9 on the newer F7 chassis. But since the F9 shell is designed for a much larger chassis, it it would be a pretty poor fit.

-Mark

LedHed430

Quote from: brokemoto on April 05, 2016, 08:49:40 AM
The Bs will go onto the A chassis and vice versa.  If you are going to put a B onto an A chassis, you might want to remove the headlight.

I thought about that... remove the LED or cover it, or let it light up the window in the door.

Rich