News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

help w/ my 'soon-2-be' movie

Started by ThomasFan247, November 19, 2007, 05:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

hello.
im planning 2 make a movie around dec or jan. ill be doing some projects if i get the engines i need. i will be using hornby models. the 2 projects i want 2 do the most r diesel 10 that ill make out of a western invader, and lady that ill use a gwr green 0-4-0 no 101. i need some help w/ diesel 10s claw and wat kind and where i can get the paint. please help me guys. im countin on u 2 help me!    :-\

PRRThomas11

-Thomas

Cool, I can't wait to see the video. ;)

For deisel 10's claw i would use styrene plastic from a hobby stor and cut it with a X-acto knife. That way you can get it to a good size. If you want to go for an easier approach maybey take the claw off a Thomas toy like the wooden one or Tomy. (I don't know about you but I couldn't bare to dismantle a perfectly good Thomas train. :'()

For paint the best place to go would be a normal hobby shop, preferably one that sells model cars or boats. They will have the big racks of Testors paint. You can match a color with something else. I would use a wooden Lady or Deisel 10 because they have a nice flat color.  :)

Hope this helps. ;D

-PRR ;)
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

ThomasFan247

thanks pal  ;D
ill go w/ that advice. i forgot 2 ask where i can get snow.

PRRThomas11

Your welcome ;)

You can find snow at any hobby shop that sells Woodland Scenics most likely. It only comes in one of those big containers and costs 10$ though.

Its kind of funny because just today I was working on my 2x2 foot Chrismas layout and was putting snow on it. (I'll post some pictures hwen it is done :)) Here's where I got the plan if anyones interested. http://thortrains.net/nscale/honey1.html ;)
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

max (uk)

Quote from: Thomas. on November 19, 2007, 05:26:44 PM
diesel 10 that ill make out of a western invader

Eh? whats a western invader? Do you mean use a western class that is called western invader. Well Diesel 10 is real a warship class, Bachmann UK make one and its what henryblue used for his.

Corrie Thompson

HO Devils Tooth is out but you need to be over 12 to see it.

ThomasFan247

i was just on bachmann uk and cant find a warship diesel. and does any1 wat type of engine lady is?